Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon the ignorance (I'm new), but I can't seem to find consistent information regarding ILF long bow limbs.. Are there any manufacturers producing them in mediums? All I've been able to find are longs and X-longs.

I'm hoping to build a short(er) longbow with a Morrison Mini 14" riser. My DL is only 24.5" so I'm aware that I'd be loosing performance by shooting longer limbs, not utilizing the flex of the limbs. I'm also a "fun-sized" person, only standing 5'3". I'm hoping to build a bow between 55-58".

The appeal of a shorter long bow makes sense in my head, but I'm not ready to get on a build list for a shrew, gremlin, or the like... Thanks for the info!

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Pardon the ignorance (I'm new), but I can't seem to find consistent information regarding ILF long bow limbs.. Are there any manufacturers producing them in mediums? All I've been able to find are longs and X-longs.

I'm hoping to build a short(er) longbow with a Morrison Mini 14" riser. My DL is only 24.5" so I'm aware that I'd be loosing performance by shooting longer limbs, not utilizing the flex of the limbs. I'm also a "fun-sized" person, only standing 5'3". I'm hoping to build a bow between 55-58".

The appeal of a shorter long bow makes sense in my head, but I'm not ready to get on a build list for a shrew, gremlin, or the like... Thanks for the info!
Just about every manufacturer makes them in Mediums, often harder to find XL or Shorts. If you can't find them in Mediums it's not unlikely that it's because they are often more popular and so sold out. Good range here for limbs:

Though it sounds like you'd do well with Shorts.

EDIT: Read too fast, thought OP was just looking for medium ILF limbs generally. My bad. Mods can delete.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just about every manufacturer makes them in Mediums, often harder to find XL or Shorts. If you can't find them in Mediums it's not unlikely that it's because they are often more popular and so sold out. Good range here for limbs:

Though it sounds like you'd do well with Shorts.
Didn't realize shorts were even an option in the long bow world..

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Ugh, my apologies. Read too fast. No you won't find those easily in shorts at all :-(

Mediums:

· Premium Member
14,360 Posts
USED market there are some Centaurs floating around out there from time to time, I had a set of mediums.
I also think Morrison used to make some shorts & mediums in ILF longbow limbs.
SKY (Belcher) used TO MAKE SOME IN MEDIUMS, i THINK ,AND HE COULD be making them now in Bivouac ILF longbow limbs. Not sure.
Try JAVAMAN to see if he makes any in mediums or will he on request.
NOTE NONE of the above were ever cheap.
hey also try BOSEN and ? Bodnik......for a search......but I am not sure on these......for ILF longbow limbs.

Reactions: colwalke88

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Try the classifieds...I was selling a 15" Morrison with BearPaw mediums and ended up selling just the riser. So these will go back up soon...
I can't believe there are not others offered.
If you don't want used, try LAS

Reactions: colwalke88

· Premium Member
14,360 Posts
Bill, are your Bearpaws longbow limbs? he's after those......

· Registered
5,657 Posts
colwalke88, welcome to the forum! Steve pretty well summarized what's been available in ILF LONGBOW limbs over the years. If you are open to used limbs, perhaps you should post a want ad with your desired length and poundage and see what shakes loose? You would do well to locate a set of mediums.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
colwalke88, welcome to the forum! Steve pretty well summarized what's been available in ILF LONGBOW limbs over the years. If you are open to used limbs, perhaps you should post a want ad with your desired length and poundage and see what shakes loose? You would do well to locate a set of mediums.
Thanks, Dave. Yes, with my specs, I'm thinking longs would not allow me to get the best performance out of the setup. Once I have sufficient privileges, I'll definitely put a WTB out there for some mediums!

· Registered
1,603 Posts
USED market there are some Centaurs floating around out there from time to time, I had a set of mediums.
I also think Morrison used to make some shorts & mediums in ILF longbow limbs.
SKY (Belcher) used TO MAKE SOME IN MEDIUMS, i THINK ,AND HE COULD be making them now in Bivouac ILF longbow limbs. Not sure.
Try JAVAMAN to see if he makes any in mediums or will he on request.
NOTE NONE of the above were ever cheap.
hey also try BOSEN and ? Bodnik......for a search......but I am not sure on these......for ILF longbow limbs.
Steve what do you reckon about those Bosens? I can't seem to get any of my recurve limbs looking and feeling 100% (though close-ish with my Buck Trail Elite 3k) on my BB Warf and so was thinking about doing something silly like going longbow on it. Don't have to be amazing shooters, just decent.

· Premium Member
14,360 Posts
I have not tried BOSENs......sorry......I THOUGHT I'd read somewhere one of the B~~-names made mediums in ILF longbow limbs.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
I have not tried BOSENs......sorry......I THOUGHT I'd read somewhere one of the B~~-names made mediums in ILF longbow limbs.
Ahh no worries. Thought it was you that had. Someone around here wrote about them once before. They do make them in 68". Quite interesting..

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Sorry, I read this on the phone...
mine are not longbow limbs. Not something that ever interested me.

· Registered
623 Posts
I had the Bosen Double Carbon Bamboo Longbow Limbs longs a couple years ago. They were really well made. I just couldn’t get them to work well on the risers I had ( Bernardini Mamba, Cobra or Rossing 19”). The hybrid curve was very pronounced needing a very large brace height (9+) to get the string to clear limbs at the nocks. Currently have the old Sky ILF Glass in XL on a 17” OMP Sektor that shoot really nice.
Musical instrument Wood Twig Tree String instrument

· Premium Member
14,360 Posts
GOOD to hear from someone that has tried the Bosens. They price nice too.
I had a set of the SKYs finished like yours, several times, sent back & forth to AU a couple-3 times from & to Ozpete on here. WISH I had them today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts