Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Matt...yet again.....man this is a broken record I think.

I got a chance to see Matt P on my way through on my motorcycle trip. Didn't have much time to do shooting or anything but he set us up with some gear to fish Lolo pass area.

His team and partner/s are great....great shop with lots of gear and many knowlegable staff.

Your place is amazing Matt.....what it would be like to live so close to a major city but be far enough away to not even know it exists...paradise.

Just wanted to thank you again for all your help....hope I can repay it in spades one day....jer

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I'd love to get out there and fish for a week with him....of course I probably would want to come back.

Dewayne

·
Registered
322 Posts
Matt is a great guy, glad to call him a friend. Little known fact is Matt was extremely helpful in making me the novice fly fisherman I am. He helped me get my first rod and reel so I might venture into saltwater flyfishing. And talk about a challenge: finding the right stand, spotting game, making a good shot, heck it's almost like bowhunting. I need a few lessons on how to take a picture, but that's another story. Thanks Matt!

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Jer

Sorry we didn't get to spend more time but it's just crazy busy.

Larry

Serious archers make for great fly fishers - same basic mind set. Next time your in the tropics try pole spearing fish that's a whole new addiction.

Life is good - live where I want, have a wife and family I love to pieces and I look forward to going to work.

Now all I have to do is take all of Dewayne's quarters and it will be complete. ;-)

---------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

Now all I have to do is take all of Dewayne's quarters.

I was hoping to grant you the opportunity in Cloverdale....as you know it's not real hard taking Dimmers quarters...when I left it looked like I robbed a coke machine.

We truly missed you and Olivia this year..but there's always next year!!

Dewayne

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Glad you are busy Matt :)
Busy is good - busy pays the bills and gets me to trad worlds next year but today was stupid - four guys on the floor running flat out - nothing a couple of giant G&T's can't solve

Ready for some kitty dust (snow ) and peace & quiet

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Matt, I tried to send you a PM but not going through on my end for some reason. I may be looking to book a Montana fly fishing trip next year. Some info please, Thanks
Danny call me at the shop on Monday 4 06-721-6141 if I can't help you I'll get you pointed in the right direction.

Matt

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,698 Posts
Serious archers make for great fly fishers - same basic mind set. Next time your in the tropics try pole spearing fish that's a whole new addiction.
Thus defines my problem as an archer. I cannot stay still long enough to fish, even fly fish. And I cannot stay still long enough to shoot.

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to upload them....I promiss I will but we have been a busy threesome driving bikes so far.....we stopped and got my 45-70 at Matts and got my other one in Deary Idaho....so I am loaded for bear now.

We are currently in Mcminnville oregon to see the spruce goose and some other flying momentos that our friend is into.....

then it's off to Seattle to see bruce Lee's grave....then we are not sure....

was planning a trip to vancouver Island but now my mom isn't feeling the best so we might have to go to penticton sooner.

Cheers jer

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Was just pulling your leg on the quick photo upload Jer. I realize what y'all are doing and it'll be awhile before you're settled down. Enjoy your trip, and really glad you're back on North American soil!

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok I am back in Alberta. Had a great 14 days though on the bikes....took my bow and never got it out of the case.....hardly got to fish.

One of the guys wuth us is an older fella and wasn't into fishing or the bow.....that's ok...the ride was great with about an hour of rain in the whole trip and 70-105 degrees.....HOT BABY....even for a guy from the sand box.

Next time I will go for a week BY MYSELF......then meet some ppl..

We travelled through some GREAT COUNTRY with AWESOME RIVERS....talk about distracted driving (no cell needed for that).

So next year I think I will plan MY holiday and let the others figure out what part they want to join me on.

Really wanted to shoot and to fish..but it was great to ride with my brother and our adopted brother anyway.

He is a big airplane buff so we saw some exibits I would have never seen before so that was kinda cool.

some pics:

loaded ready to leave calgary.....mine is one the right

Matt by surprise in his shop:

on the way up to mount st helens

paying my respects:

jer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts