Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI all, I've got a pair of these Martin risers but I can't seem to figure out what they are. No serial numbers and Martin customer service doesn't want anything to do with me. I can take more photos if no one can ID just from this one:

The riser is 16.5 inches long.

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
yeah all the MFGs frown on those "stripped bare" risers. most are assumed to be "lunchbox specials" or otherwise "unauthorized" production. they might be warped a little off-spec that got warped in the anodize process, or "Lost" in shipping to and from the anodizer.
I had a Hoyt like that. eventually was able to get the missing parts, pockets bolts etc etc etc. but I had to do a lot of hard selling to get them to let me buy the parts and there were some cosmetic ones that I could not get.

Reactions: jellogiant

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
e-mail your pix to Larry Hatfield (member here) and he can fill you in, IF it came from the recurve division, aka the old Damon Howatt plant.)

Reactions: jellogiant

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for your help, guys. I've got a "factory reject" Apex 8 with Sam Dunham right now so I think I've had my fill of rehabbing these things - it IS a big undertaking. Once I get the riser model I'll post it here and I'm sure you'll see them up for sale.

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
Looks like an water pump bracket off a 76 Ford Fairlane ? LOL It was nice shootin with you last Fri. Cal
Cal, me too, I had all these friends "back in the day" that ran Fords and that is a 289-302 color for sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Aren't those risers designed for wax to be shoved into the bottom under the grip?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts