Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
The bow buying bug that is. Last fall I sold a couple high dollar airguns to finance some bow purchases as I wanted to start shooting again. I started off with a Samick Sage Premier , then a Bear warf, then a Bear Super Kodiak, then a Samick Discovery , then a TBow and now my dream bow that I have wanted for a long time. The Bear Takedown. I have always liked the looks and history of the Bear takedown and now I have one on the way.
It is the Grey maple with Red accents 45# and looks brand new. Its almost a twin to my '73 SK with same color combo. Now just have to decide on what quiver to get for it. I want one that bolts to the side of riser but not keen on the Bear green quiver as the color doesn't fit. Looking for a black one that bolts to side , maybe even black leather style.
My Super Kodiak is awesome and shoots great however my Tbow with TT BM 2.0 Carbon/wood 45# limbs is the best shooting bow I own. Can't wait to get my hands on the Takedown.

Registered
@randy_68 you are in good company on this site. The only good news is that it does slow down, but you have to pass the 20 bow mark first :)

Bear Takedowns are nice... it's always good to shoot the bow you've always wanted. I hope it lives up to your expectations. If not, you can always trade it off!

Now that I'm not buying bows, I'm getting back to airguns hahah .. picked up an Air Arms TX200 in walnut, and a custom FT laminated stock from Poland!

Registered
And here I am wanting to get rid of some bows to get an airgun :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: randy_68 and rsarns

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Not really sure why this needed to be a thread, but alright 馃槅
Not sure why you needed to respond, but alright.

To the other fine folks on this forum I posted because of my excitement of getting my first Bear Takedown. I'm sure there are some fans of it on here but if not no biggie. I too hope it lives up to my expectations.
In the past I had a Black Widow MAII that I bought used and didn't really care for it after I got it , so I traded it for a new Bob Lee and it was great. After a while I sold off most of my bows and stepped away for a while. Now I'm getting back into it and trying different bows to find the one that fits just right. I've kept the SK and Tbow as both shoot good and fit me good.
I gave the Samick Sage to my son and the Discovery to my Grandaughter and they are having fun shooting with me now. Later.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
And here I am wanting to get rid of some bows to get an airgun :ROFLMAO:
Grantmac, what airguns are you looking at?
I've owned lots of direct ones over the last 15 years or so. Right now I have a Huben K1 .22 and it's my go to fo most everything.
I also have an FWB 124D and an RWS 52 to cover my springer needs.

Registered
Because this is a talk site for conversations and reveling in enthusiasm around our shared passion?

It's a perfectly fine thread! 馃檪
Oh it's fine, it's just usually people make a thread to start discussion. Not really sure what discussion one can have from this one. But not a big deal, I guess. Was just curious if there's something the author forgot to add.

finger shooter
Not sure why you needed to respond, but alright.

To the other fine folks on this forum I posted because of my excitement of getting my first Bear Takedown. I'm sure there are some fans of it on here but if not no biggie. I too hope it lives up to my expectations.
In the past I had a Black Widow MAII that I bought used and didn't really care for it after I got it , so I traded it for a new Bob Lee and it was great. After a while I sold off most of my bows and stepped away for a while. Now I'm getting back into it and trying different bows to find the one that fits just right. I've kept the SK and Tbow as both shoot good and fit me good.
I gave the Samick Sage to my son and the Discovery to my Grandaughter and they are having fun shooting with me now. Later.
Your thread is fine. Just realize there is no 12 step cure. I鈥檝e been at this for a bit and every time I walk in my shop and look at the 40-50 hanging I say I need to sell some. That doesn鈥檛 include my wall hangers in the house. No cure. Lol.
I鈥檓 with Grant, I鈥檓 looking at the AirForce big caliber air guns for hunting down here. They are always out of stock though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
It's all good guys. No harm no foul as they say.

My buddy has the .457 Texan and loves it. It's a real shooter too. I've never owned any big bores but have shot some up to .50 cal.
Owned quite a few Careers and Sumatras, Crickets, Airforces etc. I have a compressor, tank , tools , lots of orings etc. It's a worse disease than these bows. I do a lot of work on airguns for my friends and a few others from all over the country. Don't want to get off track too far though. So

I did get my SK out tonight after work and shot a few arrows as its been a couple weeks now. Sure hope the takedown shoots as good and smooth. Really looking forward to getting it in my hands.

Registered
I'm thinking something for Silhouette practice in the yard since I'm getting back into SB Silhouette. Probably a springer for the simplicity. A TX200 would be pretty sweet.

Registered
I understand perfectly well why he posted. There is something fresh and exciting about a new endeavor or venture. I shot bows in my teens and now 30 years later got back into archery. My one year anniversary will be in May. That was 10 bows ago if you count the bows I have bought grandson, wife and son.

Yoy do know there is really nothing new under the sun....just new to you, and sometimes you get excited and want to start a conversation about it to share your enthusiasm.

Registered
This thread is hi guys , I love buying bows.
Yeah!!!! Good stuff!!! I too have that same problem. I have a do it all bow : for me: . But maybe I should try my hand at longbow. Or what鈥檚 this ILF thing I keep hearing about!?
Now I might learn a little bit about air guns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haybale Hunter
That Stimmie money sure does go fast.

Registered
The bow buying bug that is. Last fall I sold a couple high dollar airguns to finance some bow purchases as I wanted to start shooting again. I started off with a Samick Sage Premier , then a Bear warf, then a Bear Super Kodiak, then a Samick Discovery , then a TBow and now my dream bow that I have wanted for a long time. The Bear Takedown. I have always liked the looks and history of the Bear takedown and now I have one on the way.
It is the Grey maple with Red accents 45# and looks brand new. Its almost a twin to my '73 SK with same color combo. Now just have to decide on what quiver to get for it. I want one that bolts to the side of riser but not keen on the Bear green quiver as the color doesn't fit. Looking for a black one that bolts to side , maybe even black leather style.
My Super Kodiak is awesome and shoots great however my Tbow with TT BM 2.0 Carbon/wood 45# limbs is the best shooting bow I own. Can't wait to get my hands on the Takedown.
I see you bought a WARF bow?
I'm new to this myself, and just picked up (more than) a few '60s recurves. I love the idea of a WARF, but I thought they were dated now that you can get shorter, hunting length, ILF risers?
Is a WARF "more better :D" than made for hunting ILF riser? I've seen some great looking Blackbear compounds, and I'd like to give it a try, but I don't see anyone making limb pockets.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
No stimmie money for my toys. I do side work for my spending money.

Black bear warf was a great bow. Shot really good and was quiet. Only sold it to keep funding my rotation .

Premium Member
Glad you got to pick up your dream bow, I hope it is as good as they say they are. I still have my MAII and would like to send it in the reduce the weight, problem is I can put together two Warf bows for the same price.

I have used my Bear Black Bear Warf for over 10 years of hunting, I cannot see using anything else. Warf bows are a real bargain if you get the suggested riser at a very low price. I got my BBB for 9.99 o Ebay because the cable was broken. I Check Craigslist for old compounds, I also check other states as well because I travel to St. Louis, and my brother lives in San Diego. If they are willing to ship the bow ask to have it taken apart so shipping is a lot cheaper. I have even asked them to cut the cable because I have "spares." Warfing is an addiction for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts