• I bowhunt and shoot 3d and Target

Votes: 41 48.2%
  • I only shoot in my yard

Votes: 6 7.1%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Lately I've spent more time setting up the 3D course than travelling and shooting. ;-)

Bow season opens a week from Monday, looking forward to a slow walk in the woods.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ME TOO,,,just enjoy it and use stealth.:bow2:

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
My primary archery interest has always been hunting with a little local 3D, and some bigger traditional rendezvous now and again. Since I'm recently semi-retired, I did take in our state's IBO Triple Crown this year and a couple larger IBO shoots. We don't have any venues anywhere close by that shoots indoors.

I admire "good" barebow shooters and setting up a barebow outfit. Don't know why. I'll probably never use it anywhere except here at the house. :)

My current favorite bows are my hunting outfit; a Satori riser with Uukha limbs and an old Matrix riser with Uukha limbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
For the last 3 months sidelined with shoulder issues but I love to shoot 3-D with my buddies. Shooting a Titan III and BF Extreme limbs, about 43#.

I look forward to indoor season too with a Gillo G1 riser and SF Ultimate Pro 36# limbs. Sorry, no pic

For hunting I have a 47# Wes Wallace Mentor take down.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hunting is my Primary, I love shooting in the backyard. Archery is something that I enjoy equally with friends or shooting alone, I find it relaxing. I would like to start going to the big shoots but I'm not ready.

As far as favorite bows???That is really tough, I guess if I could have just 1 it would be my 21 Dalaa. Having said that the Widow seems to always be strung. It's difficult to say... it's definitely the one pictured below.....Oh and Walker's Icarus, that's my favorite too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang,,Larry can you axe the large picture ruining the thread?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I enjoy target archery but when it comes down to it....it is just something to fill the gap between elk seasons��

·
straight arrow
612 Posts
I indicated hunting and 3D, although I am not 100% sure taking my bow and some arrows for a walk in the woods during hunting season without seeing anything to shoot at actually counts as "hunting".... :)

There are only a couple of 3D shoots around here throughout the summer so I practice in my back yard a lot.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,654 Posts
I am in it for the competition. Field archery is my favorite though I have also shot 30 FITA target shoots with a barebow.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hunting is my primary interest, then everything else in no particular order. Although I spend much more time in the back yard or shooting 3D throughout the year. Early bow season was Sept 1-30th. I made it out a whopping 3 times. Being self employed I can typically manipulate my schedule in September to allow for 3-4 trips to the woods each week but this September kicked my butt.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Shooting a “modern” short reflexed bow with a thumb ring . . .

(the bow pictured is 45” strung length)

regards,

John

Reactions: DDD and Sam Dunham

·
Registered
49 Posts
For me, all but bowhunting.
I love the historical value of archery. Mostly Asian styles, but really love the English longbow as well. I try to understand and replicate those techniques so that I have an idea how it was back then.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Target and field (including 3D) for me. We don't bowhunt over here, and I doubt I would if we did.

I've also signed up for a couple of clout tournaments this month. Looking forwards to it.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great pics of some beautiful bows,,,like Larry's LB.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts