Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Losing arrows since 1966
320 Posts
...Ha ha ha... I have one just like that.... they suck!... would not even weigh a fish with one...

Edit: I actually got it for compound bows... and they work fine in that application... but they suck with no solid wall...

Reactions: Remote

·
Losing arrows since 1966
320 Posts
Worth mentioning I used to have a digital scale for luggage, which I used just about every month for work but also on my bows. Problem was it sucked to draw a bow with it and so I stopped using it due to it being innacurate that way.
...I don't think it can be done.... drawing with a hand held digital scale will not be any more accurate than the analog type, but not for the same reasons...
... in your draw length thread, I mentioned how I measure my draw lenght, to get my draw weight with a luggage scale and a yard stick... guaranteed 100% accurate...

·
Losing arrows since 1966
320 Posts
Interesting. I have been looking at my scale and wondering the same thing, I’m going to have to see what’s available. I don’t think just being digital is enough because I think they are just a spring with a digital readout unless you can calibrate them.
... all cheap digital scales use a solid state strain gauge... as cheap to make as a calculator... and as accurate...

·
Losing arrows since 1966
320 Posts
I use an X-spot scale, digital, and unreliable as heck, I scale bows several times with it getting several different readings, so I use the most frequently gotten reading.
Then I OFTEN verify it with my spring-scale hanging Pelouze (Rubbermaid) scales which, even if it were inaccurate, are at least always consistent... and I HaVE verified it with YORK plates so it is ON at 45#, and is adjustable too..
...hanging, is the key word here... handheld anything, does not seem to work repeatably...

Reactions: Remote
1 - 4 of 4 Posts