Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently read the trad lab string discussion on Facebook and I’m a little confused. I was always told a low stretch string was a low stretch string and had no idea about blended vs non blended.

I have strings made of d97, fury, rhino and bcyx. Can you tell me which categories they fall under?

I’m not interested in getting into whether one string type is harmful to trad bows or not

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don’t know but I find d97 if built correctly like how TTT strings build them to settle around .25” and stay put for 1000’s of shots! I will take this all day long, and man never have to be waxed. He builds the finest custom strings I’ve found and I’ve tried piles and piles and piles of them.

·
Bart Harmeling
3,394 Posts
Rhino is 100% UHMWPE which makes it non blended. Other materials may blend fibers such as HMPE and Vectran which would be an example of blended. D97 is 100% Dyneema. BCY X is a blend of Dyneema and Vectran.

I've used Rhino for my modern traditional bows, but prefer to use B50 for my vintage bows. Lots of people use D97 and BCY X.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
BCYX and it's replacement X99 are blends - 80/20 Dyneema/vectran. I have 3000+ strings out there made of it - majority to repeat customers. Not one has ever reported an issue to me. That said I also offer 4 non blended 100% Dyneema materials as well for those who prefer them. Don't dry fire your bow 100's of times and there is no issue;):). Stick with bowyer recommendations if they have any - most don't.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information. The only thing I found on brownells site about fury is that it’s been replaced by rampage. It said rampage is 100% uhmwpe so I guess I’m all good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts