Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm looking at getting back into shooting a little bit of recurve.
My problem is that I am a 32 inch draw and am having trouble finding a curve that wont stack up on me.
Dad had a cascade golden hawk magnum 48" in 60lb, but he got rid of it cause he was looking at buying something else. I could shoot it well, really should have bought it off him I think.
the cascade and a longbow a mate made up for me and a mates 80lb war bow type thing are the only trad bows I've shot at full draw without them stacking on me.

Not really wanting to spend a fortune on anything.

Thanks for any help

· Civil but Disobedient
10,897 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have a 32 inch draw as well. I am bit confused by your post. You mention trying to find a bow that does not stack, yet you really liked a 48 inch bow. A 48 inch bow should stack like crazy. I would normally recommend 70 or 72 inches since I am a target guy. The hunters would recommend less. I am not sure anybody that actually has a long draw would recommend anything even close to 48. Can you add a some information about your archery experience and goals? I think that would help the folks here better understand how to help. There are a few long draw guys here that are very knowledgeable. The answer depends on what you plan to do with the bow.

· Civil but Disobedient
10,897 Posts
I will wait and see if one of the long draw hunters jumps in.

I would like to confirm your draw length, though. It is hard to imagine a 52 inch bow not stacking at 32 inches. How did you measure your draw length? How tall are you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.