Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm looking at getting back into shooting a little bit of recurve.
My problem is that I am a 32 inch draw and am having trouble finding a curve that wont stack up on me.
Dad had a cascade golden hawk magnum 48" in 60lb, but he got rid of it cause he was looking at buying something else. I could shoot it well, really should have bought it off him I think.
the cascade and a longbow a mate made up for me and a mates 80lb war bow type thing are the only trad bows I've shot at full draw without them stacking on me.

Not really wanting to spend a fortune on anything.

Thanks for any help

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,696 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have a 32 inch draw as well. I am bit confused by your post. You mention trying to find a bow that does not stack, yet you really liked a 48 inch bow. A 48 inch bow should stack like crazy. I would normally recommend 70 or 72 inches since I am a target guy. The hunters would recommend less. I am not sure anybody that actually has a long draw would recommend anything even close to 48. Can you add a some information about your archery experience and goals? I think that would help the folks here better understand how to help. There are a few long draw guys here that are very knowledgeable. The answer depends on what you plan to do with the bow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
sorry dad just said that it was the 52" magnam not the 48".
And yes it does not stack. silky smooth all the way.

mainly interested in hunting with it. after something timber finished and dark.

Thanks

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,696 Posts
I will wait and see if one of the long draw hunters jumps in.

I would like to confirm your draw length, though. It is hard to imagine a 52 inch bow not stacking at 32 inches. How did you measure your draw length? How tall are you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.