Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been beat to death several times, yet on June 1st the rule will go into effect. However, which rule will? Will the rule that was passed at the meeting in Vegas in Feb pass, that is the one that will allow 3 piece and just about any combo of metal riser and limbs as long as the string only touches at the tips. Or the proposal that Gary and Tom D. were trying to get passed after the Feb meeting, allowing 2 piece LB's. Not really interested in the debate again, just curious as to which will go into law on June 1st. I'd ask my State director but he is a... dang had to edit that. Lets just say not worth the time or effort to ask him anything, and of course my NW councilman never answers his emails.. oh wait he doesn't even live in the NW anymore.... Yes, I attend our conventions and actively vote...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I saw Tom at the West Coast Trad @ Orestimba. He told me the amended amendment is what is "supposed" to actually take effect on June 1st. However he too had a degree of uncertainty as getting that to happen wasn't strictly within procedure.

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul,
Exactly and the issue that no one at the NFAA office has a clue about an amended proposal...... its less than a week away from becoming a rule, sure wish someone had a clue.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,700 Posts
Somebody here told me (can't remember who) that California is sticking to its existing rule for now. Our State Field, which is in two weeks, uses the rules of our state NFAA affiliate, the California Bowman Hunters State Archery Association. I was concerned over the transition because it would mean that the sectionals, last weekend, would have different rules than the State Championships in two weeks. I will be at State using my one piece D bow. This will be the last of the planned longbow tournaments in the experiment I am doing this year. Then I will have to decide what to do in the future. I am thinking that I will continue with the longbow at the Western Traditional IBO shoot. I am not sure about field. I am going to start preparing for FITA field with my recurve. If I do not have a conflict with my annual Braille Institute rock climbing trip in October, I will be at the Arizona FITA field. I am actually looking forward to getting my last scheduled tournament over in two weeks, putting some light limbs on my FITA recurve, and getting back to some form work over the summer.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
After Calvin's last performance, I'm not sure anybody could beat him regardless of how their bow is constructed. In the end I hope you active shooters get the ruling you want.

Reactions: hunterken

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Last I heard it was going to be passed as a 1 or 2 pc takedown longbow....but don't quote me on that because like my wife continues to insist"I know nothing"

That's the last I heard.

Dewayne

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am the NFAA director for Virginia and I have heard nothing. It would seem that if there were an "amendment after the meeting adjournment" to the amended agenda item that was approved, there would have to be some form of vote by the directors, either by email, snail mail, or a poll by the councilmen. There is not time now for any of those options.

Again, I have heard nothing, not a kiss my butt, go to hell, nothing.

So, unless someone at HQ is planning to commit fraud and just change it in the book for the hell of it, I would think the three piece is it.

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got this from the SW councilman:

Ren what Tom was trying to do would have caused a mail vote and since our section was split and the new rule book was in its final check it was decided that not to go forth and so the rule that was passed in February is the one that will go into effect 1 June. At this time it will take a new agenda item for the next meeting to change what the Directors did, hope this helps

So load up them LB limbs on your 25" risers and get ready... 3 pieces of any material are legal as passed in Feb. Only caveat is the string can only touch at the ends. LOL This is going to be freaking interesting. I have tried out my ACS LB limbs on my 21" Titan III riser and it shoot very well. VERY WELL. :) Now I am not for this rule, but since the NFAA is allowing it...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not to change the subject, but I got word yesterday morning that our long time NFAA state director and real gentleman, Clinton Berry, passed away Thursday morning. I thought some on here that knew him, might want to know.

Sad news, indeed.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Just got this from the SW councilman:

Ren what Tom was trying to do would have caused a mail vote and since our section was split and the new rule book was in its final check it was decided that not to go forth and so the rule that was passed in February is the one that will go into effect 1 June. At this time it will take a new agenda item for the next meeting to change what the Directors did, hope this helps

So load up them LB limbs on your 25" risers and get ready... 3 pieces of any material are legal as passed in Feb. Only caveat is the string can only touch at the ends. LOL This is going to be freaking interesting. I have tried out my ACS LB limbs on my 21" Titan III riser and it shoot very well. VERY WELL. :) Now I am not for this rule, but since the NFAA is allowing it...
Sorry, but I hafta ask the obvious...

Who's going to tell the SW Councilman that his Titan III is a 19" riser? :lol:

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Titan III does shoot great with my ACS LB limbs... no wonder I had to get another string for it tho... LOL Never even noticed that it was shorter, for some reason got it in my head it was the same length as the DAS riser. Now the light bulb goes off on the string issues..LOL

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
The Titan III does shoot great with my ACS LB limbs... no wonder I had to get another string for it tho... LOL Never even noticed that it was shorter, for some reason got it in my head it was the same length as the DAS riser. Now the light bulb goes off on the string issues..LOL
minor technicality...I specialize in those. :lol:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
As I understand it, despite the 3 piece amendment, the requirements to shoot wood arrows off the shelf remains in effect.

Now given THOSE restrictions if you really think that that ILF riser is going to make such a difference, then you need to get busy and come kick my butt.

:)

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As I understand it, despite the 3 piece amendment, the requirements to shoot wood arrows off the shelf remains in effect.

Now given THOSE restrictions if you really think that that ILF riser is going to make such a difference, then you need to get busy and come kick my butt.

:)
LOL.. Easy Paul you still shooting that antique bow from Kirk...? Yes, I DO believe that the ILF or DAS bows shot off the shelf will shoot better than a 1 piece wood longbow. I know for a fact the shot reaction is totally different from a metal riser that weighs 4 times that of a wood longbow. I am confident that you will see scores jump an easy 10-15 points in an NFAA indoor round. Yes I have been shooting my wood arrows already off the shelf of my DAS.

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ANother change was the elimination of any restriction to the window and center cut shelf... looking at the rules from 2013, all it says is it may contain a shelf and a window. No such restrictions as the IFAA has

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I believe an ILF riser like the club even though shot off the shelf and wood arrows with a set of good LB ILF limbs like Dryad or Sky I see a 270+ being very achievable...if not 280

I don't know if anyone has ever shot a 280 from a 1 pc...Calvin told me his high score once but I forgot what it was.

Dewayne Martin

1 - 20 of 288 Posts