Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of Tradtech Black max carbon wood limbs. $219 at Lancaster. Wanted a cheap set of limbs to play with. I ordered 55 lbs. Thinking that on a 19 riser that I would lose 2 lb. And I typically lose 10 lb for my short draw length. That has been correct with 6 other sets of limbs. So I was thinking 43 lbs end result. Playing with the idea of a slow arrow. A point on at my average yard. LOL, but after installing, they pulled 56 lbs. Mercy, I checked them at 28 inch draw and it was 67 lbs. LOL, they missed it a little bit. Am I assuming wrong that the weights given are for a 17 inch riser? Will they take them back?

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Yes call them and tell them what weight you want on what riser and at your draw and they will if it is a TT riser be able to set you up

John and Sean are in Texas but ask for someone in the traditional department or wait a week and John will be back

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checked to see;
ODUCT DESCRIPTION
• Zentron S-Bias Carbon with Hardrock Maple under Black Fiberglass
• S-Bias Carbon & S-fibers Maximize Stability & Speed
• Designed in USA, Custom-Made for TradTech by Samick
• ILF Hardware- International Limb Fitting for any ILF Riser
• Traditional Satin Clear Finish on Black Fiberglass w/ FF Limb Tips
• Lengths: Short(58"), Medium(60")& Long(62") Lengths(on 17" Riser)
• Draw Weights: 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60# @28" (on 17" Riser)
(Read 4 Review(s) Below)

·
Barebow recurve
947 Posts
Your math is correct, but limb angles come into play and the limbs are made by Samick, which typically measure at minimum pre-load (significantly heavier than marked). LOL, it is a Korean ploy to retain dominance in archery competition. I built a target bow aiming for 38# and got 45# instead.

Lancaster is pretty good, I would exchange the limbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts