Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it's a camp, and I'll eventually be doing some bowhunting from it.

Two friends and I have been building a cabin in our spare time. We meet once or twice a week and go to it. So far it's only cost us the price of gas and a few tools.

·
Premium Member
12,650 Posts
VERGE, right spot to post it, I'd say, but I can't open your pictures.
Bet the cabin is GREAT.
You can PM one of the moderators to see what is up with the pics.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Very cool!!! Looks like a lots of work, but well worth the effort. Is that a fireplace made out of a natural rock formation?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting that you asked. The original cabin that stood there was built with the fireplace against the rock, but it burned down and, when we began our re-construction, the old fireplace was just about crumbling down. We used the stones for the foundation of this one.

·
Premium Member
12,650 Posts
Verge, thanks for the pics, and congrats on a great start to your cabin.
IMPRESSIVE.
I love the stone foundation, too.
Beautiful surroundings, you are a lucky man.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All crown land ;) And thanks :D I'll post updates as I go along.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, here's a bit of progress. Grad school is proving a little more hectic than I thought it would be, so things probably won't progress quite as quickly as I'd hoped, but it's coming along:

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Nice fitting joints in the corners, scribe fitting natural logs is no simple task.

Reactions: Verge

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just an update on the cabin. I didn't get to work much on it over the winter (school kept me busy) but this summer I've been back at it a couple hours a week. The walls are now done, the door is cut, and the kingposts for the ridgepole are up. This weekend I'm putting up the ridgepole.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts