Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two or three month`s ago I picked up a 21" Dalaa riser from Matt Potter, and I asked for idea`s on what limbs to try with it. As can be expected, I got suggestions on several good options. The riser is currently at a local bowyers shop where he is working up a set of hybrid longbow limbs for me. This is his first venture into ILF/DAS type connections, but I have every confidence he will deliver with a great set of limbs.

Back to the suggestions from you folks……I ended up calling Mr. Bob Morrison and ordering a set of his new Max II limbs. At the time Mr. Morrison explained to me that he was moving into a new shop, and that it would be roughly mid-February before he was building limbs again. Well, I got the call from Bob today, but his plans have changed slightly.

Bob wants to spend more time in other area`s of bow building/design, and he is not liking the dust involved with limb building as much as he used to, so moving forward he is outsourcing his limbs. I was a little bit nervous to say the least when Bob dropped that bomb on me, but after some conversation where I asked a lot of questions, and Bob answered them without any hesistation, I asked the big one…….."is Border Archery making your limbs for you now"? Mr. Morrison answered that indeed they would be making the limbs if I still wanted them. It seems like the new Max II Morrisons will land somewhere between the Border Hex 6 and Hex 7 limbs if I understood correctly.

In the end, I guess I am getting Morrison AND Border limbs.:cheers:

And yes, I got the OK from Mr. Morrison to let this cat out of the proverbial bag.;)

In 6-8 weeks I will have my first set of supercurve limbs…...:shooting:

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
In the compound world there are only a few limb makers that make the bulk of limbs for most bow companys. Im guessing recurve is similar, were the Max 1's outsourced as well? Will be interesting to see how the Max 2's can be competitively priced.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Interesting to see how how that works out. Who offers the warranty, Morrison or Border?
I am all for more good product available to everyone so let's hope this marriage is a great success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting to see how how that works out. Who offers the warranty, Morrison or Border?
I am all for more good product available to everyone so let's hope this marriage is a great success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A good question Jon, and one that I did not ask. The limbs will have "Morrison" on them and I am paying Morrison Archery, so I imagine any issues will be handled through them……not that I anticipate any problems. I cannot clearly recall everything we discussed earlier today, as the change in where and who were going to build the limbs had me preoccupied, but I am almost sure that Mr. Morrison told me he purchased much of the material he used for the Max I limb builds directly from Border Archery in the past.

I did change my original order a little bit…..going for 47# @ 28", and medium limbs instead of the shorts I originally decided on.

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
I did change my original order a little bit…..going for 47# @ 28", and medium limbs instead of the shorts I originally decided on.
My DL is 29.75". I ordered Hex 6 longs. With the benefit of hindsight, mediums may have been better to fully utilise all the benefits. I'll just shoot them screwed in and that will sort me. So check for yourself.

Reactions: Mitch

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Greysides, I originally ordered shorts for this bow. With my 28.25" draw length, the shorts might be a better fit, but…….I suspect these limbs will eventually end up on a shorter riser.;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mitch that is awesome and I greatly await your review of the limbs
Joe, bring a right handed ILF/DAS riser with you to Baltimore and you can review them all day long.;)

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
I can do that :)

A Titan would work nicely and so would the new Black Magic

I have a quick review on the Black Magic here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts