Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes new limbs to fit the old Bear TD handles?

All of my limbs are too heavy for me now, except for one pair of longs that were my wife's.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Who makes new limbs to fit the old Bear TD handles?

All of my limbs are too heavy for me now, except for one pair of longs that were my wife's.
Jim......All the other posters nailed it down pretty good, but I want to add that I've shot some of the new Bear Signature take down bows, and the new limbs shoot very well, seem a bit quicker, and are safe for use with modern HMPE type strings...A fella I shoot with got a new Bear take down this past winter,("A" riser, and #1 Limbs, for a 56" bow) and I shot it a bit, and I was very pleased with how it shot...The new stuff from Bear seems pretty Legit.....Take care....Jim

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I like my Rose Oak limbs I had made. They fit my wood handle and my mag. Handle with no issues. Yes, the new Bear limbs perform very well. I have a set 45# at 28in that I bought for my old age. I had to use them a couple years ago for rehab. I was happy with their performance.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
exactly which bear TD are you talking about there are at least 4 or 5 different ones.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have two 1970/71 LH wood C handles, one 1972 LH magnesium C handle, and one 1972 RH magnesium B handle (wife's bow).

My long limbs provide 36, 37, 42, 43 pounds at my draw respectively and are just too heavy for me to start playing with these bows after 41 years. My wife's long limbs provide 22# at my draw, probably good to start but not for long, or not.

I was aware that Border makes limbs for Bear TD but not that Bear or anyone else does/did. The bows on the Bear website appear to be just like the old A and B handle bows. They advertise weights down to 35#.

If they make limbs for 35# on an A handle, the reduction to a C handle may be enough but I cannot remember the DW difference between A and C handles. I am not where the limbs are right now. Does anyone remember the difference?

I would not let anyone try to cut down any of my limbs to reduce the weight. the right way to do it is to sand the face of the glass on the tension side and not to sand the edges of the limbs. I used to sand the edges a little to change tiller but that was minor compared to a weight change.

My wife's limbs are available because she would shoot her X99 rosewood Black Widow anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.