Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two sets of BlackMax carbon longs but I was wondering if I should look at another limb maker. How do others work on the Titan III riser I shoot?
I still get a bit of limb vibration after the shot even at a higher brace height of almost 8 1/2" Looking at hunting limbs....

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
They're excellent limbs, I'd chase down the vibration and/or add a set of Limbsavers at the fades. Also, try adding a wrap of Teflon tape between the limb bushings and the bolts.
Sometimes that's a source of buzzing or vibration.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
I have a set of Dryad Epic limbs on my Titan all that I'm liking a lot. Very well behaved and reasonably fast.

·
j-san = Jason
1,684 Posts
In my experience, all limbs exhibit vibration on any given riser. Some have more than others, but pretty much all can be tuned to perform well. I find limbs with carbon tend to have a higher pitched sound than limbs with just glass and can be a little more finicky to tune to be hunting quiet.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found this thread by Rick Barbee.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2185182
A bit of velcro under the string (helped a bit) at the grooves and moving the beaver balls (helped a lot) and it is super quiet now. Even with carbon arrows.
My Titan III came with the threaded bushing and has not shown any sign of vibrating loose as of yet.

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
wstrayer, glad you got it quieted down, & thanks for posting what helped.

·
markliep
687 Posts
Dryad boo LB limbs beat a bunch of recurve limbs I had for speed & were very quiet with no tuning reqs for noise - for max speed though obviously look at hex but you'll spend more time tuning to get them quiet...but you'll also have that let off feeling too...there may still be some hex5s at Border on at sale prices - my hex5h are very quick - M.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts