Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Used bow. Unless there is something I really want there is a lot more value in picking up a used bow and I have yet to buy one that had any issues used. Everyone I've delay with on this site have been outstanding.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
The best advice I was ever given when I made the same inquiry was to look for a Warf. After two years and trying several manufacturer's risers I still shoot Warfs.

·
Premium Member
12,806 Posts
Dunno your likes/dislikes, if you prefer 1-piece bows or takedowns, if you ever will consider ILF takedowns?
LOTs of guys here like ILF takedowns, either factory risers or WARF risers.
Unless you are stuck firmly on wanting a 1-piece bow, I'd tell you to buy a WARF riser and some ILF limbs, such as the rig John Ryan has on the trade blanket ads.
NICE bow, all set up, and everyone here can pitch in & be glad to help you with pointers on setting it up, or you can just visit with John Ryan and feel safe, he can tell you all about it.
WARFs are probably the best dollar value in archery.
Welcome to the forum, and I hope you let us know what you go with.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Others have given good advice on looking for used. Im curious about your current bow and its bent limb(s). What is it and is it your first trad bow? Are you sure the limb(s) are bent/twisted?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts