Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to order a set of Uukha limbs but never having so much as seen a set in the flesh and having no idea of their draw curve I'm a bit lost as to which length to buy.
My 17" Titan with medium SF limbs only comes in at 56.5 inches measured in a straight line from string nock to string nock and I certainly don't want to end up under that.I'm thinking I'll need to order longs but thought I'd check for better informed opinions first.

Thanks,
John.

· Registered
2,701 Posts
String angle always dictates longer is better. My shoulders hurt just thinking of drawing 56 inches, much less trying to be accurate.

As I recall, Tony has a picture of the string angle on about page 10 or 13 - (Shooting the Stickbow).

Bowmania

· markliep
687 Posts
Fwiw limb weight for Uukhas seem to be with limb bolts in mid-position for the XO limbs I once had - might be a consideration in your decision - with my 31" DL I never have any leeway on length so can't offer more input - M

· Registered
6,458 Posts
Go on their website, they tell you what length limb for your DL. I draw 29.75", and shoot medium EX1's on a 19 inch riser(hoyt buffalo). I also use them on 25" risers and they shot well for me. Their website however says I should be shooting Longs.

· Registered
6,899 Posts
I would say if you currently shoot mediums in a fairly conventional geometry, then you want to stay with mediums in a more aggressive one.

-Grant

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would say if you currently shoot mediums in a fairly conventional geometry, then you want to stay with mediums in a more aggressive one.

-Grant
Thanks Grant.
That's what I was thinking myself but was a little worried about stability because what I have now is ok but pretty borderline on the stability part which forces me to be absolutely on the ball with my over all form.
These limbs are going to be purely target shooters, but the next set from Dryad are going to be hunters.
So you can all look forward to more questions come that day.

Thanks again,
John.

· Registered
6,899 Posts
John,

If stability is a priority then a set of mediums at low to medium preload would be better suited compared to longs at high preload, at least in my mind. Not quite as fast but generally more stable.

-Grant

· Pete
5,613 Posts
:2cents:
I draw 30" and have my recurve longs at about 3 turns out, speed is 218 fps and stability is the best I have ever had. Limbs feel like they "relax" when I hit anchor. Thanks Grant. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.