Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
reasonably priced, or cheap?
Lancaster Archery Supply in PA has Sebastien Flute Axiom Plus limb at 79$ per set, and folks I know have said they are pretty good limbs, and that is cheap.
Several people I trust have said that the Samick Universals are the best bang for the buck, I've never tried them.....but I probably should.
I buy used most of the time, off the trading blanket.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
I am warfing a Black Bear and would like ILF short recurve limb recommendations at 35-40 lbs, just want something reasonably priced. New? Used?
OK so do you understand the preload of the BB riser for the Limbs you might consider?

Inotherwords, do you know what poundage to order from Lancasters to get 35-40 on your BB?,,,DO you know the lengths?

Limbs will gain 6 pounds on the BB marked for 25 inch risers.

A set of shorts will make a 62 inch Bow on a converted BB.

You arrive at that conclusion?

Riser is 16 between the Limb bolts and add 2 1/2 x2 =5 inches for the butts in the pockets =21 inches.

Shorts are 21 x 2=42 Riser 21 + 42 =63,,,,,,,, minus the half inch down on each end from the limb tips,,=62 overall.

64 with meds
66 with longs

58 string for shorts
60 Meds
62 Longs

D=97 12 strands flemish,,26 thousands braided FF serving.

OK limbs marked for a 19 inch riser will lose couple pounds on a 21..four or so on those marked for 17's..know what riser length and geometry to guess limb weight.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Yes I do but in fairness I must tell you that my good friend and fellow Warfer Broadside does a great job also.

If you pay the shipping back to you or anyone else all day long I will mill the dovetails in Black Bear risers for 35 bucks a riser. That doe's not include any Limb bolt bushings or spacer work,,or filling in the sphericals on risers I do complete ready to plug in limbs and shoot.

You do everything else,,,LIKE I SAID,,ALLLLLLLL DAYYYYYYYYYYYY LONGGGGGGGG! FOR 35 BUCKS I WILL MILL THE ILF DOVETAILS ONLY,,YOU PAY SHIPPING RETURN INSURED,,,,,

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Thats a real fair price Sam for that work.

As for limbs:
In my experience unless you want to spend +$300 on a set of really good ones I don't bother going more expensive then the Axiom+ and I prefer them to the TradTechs (actually all Samicks).

-Grant

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sam you seem to have a big mouth my friend and as far as I know I have shipped any orders to everyone who bought from me. If there is anyone with a complaint all they have to do is contact me and I'll make whatever it is good. You like to run down people it seems if it is effecting your ego or wallet. When I relocated to Wisconsin here and got married I felt to make my new wife more part of the business we made another business name but I sell on ebay also so kept the Hawkeye. I think you need to back off my friend as I do not like mud slinging and feel a good man does not have to do things like this.
God bless you
Glen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts