Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Heard good things about Alt Services regarding returns, just takes some time. Had a buddy with VX+ Uukha's, he recieved a new set after a failure just not crazy quick. I think when it comes to returns, we all want instantanous satisfaction. Given that they are much more reasonable than the one U.S. option, its an acceptable tradeoff. And yes they go back to the manufactuer especially since many items are special order.

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Heard good things about Alt Services regarding returns, just takes some time. Had a buddy with VX+ Uukha's, he recieved a new set after a failure just not crazy quick. I think when it comes to returns, we all want instantanous satisfaction. Given that they are much more reasonable than the one U.S. option, its an acceptable tradeoff. And yes they go back to the manufactuer especially since many items are special order.
my concern is their statement regarding Sims Limb Savers possibly voiding the warranty. Not only are they slow to answer my original email but it sure seems like they are doing the old dodge the warranty thing.

had Lancaster had these in stock I would have bought them there. My mistake and I hope it isn’t a $550 one.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Technically, you've modified the performance and characteristics of the product by the addition of limb savers. It would come as no suprise if W & W asserted your waranty was null and void as a result of your modification. I think Alt Services are correct in seeking clarification from the limb manufacturers before offering a refund.

Reactions: DJL

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Technically, you've modified the performance and characteristics of the product by the addition of limb savers. It would come as no suprise if W & W asserted your waranty was null and void as a result of your modification. I think Alt Services are correct in seeking clarification from the limb manufacturers before offering a refund.
I guess they should write that in the warranty! W&W shows these same limb savers in use on their website. They dampen vibration hence the name “limb saver”.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I guess they should write that in the warranty! W&W shows these same limb savers in use on their website. They dampen vibration hence the name “limb saver”.
It would be absolutely insane if adding limbsavers voided the warranty. Literally nobody with recurve limbs would have a warranty then.

Just curious, is there a reason you were using mediums on a 29" riser? I've seen a couple guys do this (with short limbs too) and I was always curious about it.

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It would be absolutely insane if adding limbsavers voided the warranty. Literally nobody with recurve limbs would have a warranty then.

Just curious, is there a reason you were using mediums on a 29" riser? I've seen a couple guys do this (with short limbs too) and I was always curious about it.
I like the 72” length with my 30” DL. The draw force curves are great. I have tried longs but felt like I wasn’t getting into the power portion of the draw with a 74” bow.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
It would be absolutely insane if adding limbsavers voided the warranty.
If by adding the limb savers the limb isn't working in the way in which it was designed, I can see why a waranty might be rendered invalid. I don't think it's insane at all.

Personally if I were Alt Serv, I'd replace the limbs without question as a gesture of good faith ... then .... have a long and serious discussion with the manufacturer to clarify the situation.

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Update on the broken W&W Inno Exprime limbs. Yesterday Mr Jung from W&W answered my email I had sent almost 2 weeks prior. He replied to me and Alt Sporting services that W&W would replace the limbs. Today I finally got an email from Alt SS to ship the broken limbs back to them and they would replace them under warranty. Yes it all worked out but big lesson learned, Lancaster would have taken care of this right away. I wonder how this would have went if I had not contacted W&W myself. Now let’s see how long it takes Alt Services to send the replacements.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Similar experience. Took long time, but at end of day my Uukha replacements through Alt Services was approved, and I am happy. I posted a few times the chain / experience, not going to repeat here.

I look at it as a cost / benefit thing: Alt Services leverages heavily the vendor warranty, and exposes all the mess to us, doesn't take any risk. Lancaster takes more risk on themselves and hides the mess from us. That comes at a cost to Lancaster and we pay a bit more for that "premium" service.

Lancaster is bigger, better funded, and just plain big enough to offer premiums that a smaller business cannot. I would guess from past work with Alt Services they are in that stage where a "mom and pop shop" is growing fast, and they haven't yet decided upon making the leap to a "big online store," and all the staffing, website work, inventory /inventory management, business process changes, etc. that would entail.

I personally love both, buy from both. Great businesses, just different.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
With LAS being one of the largest, if not the largest, full service pro shops in North America, it's quite possible that they enjoy unique relationships with their suppliers, allowing LAS to quickly adjudicate warranty issues which the consumer would normally have to present to the manufacturer. So, for the slightly higher price, LAS provides the consumer with tech support, fast delivery, and acts on the consumer's behalf should there be a warranty issue. This is what distinguishes LAS from other archery retailers. Kudos to them.

I've purchased from Alt SS, too, knowing that warranty issues may be slower to resolve. Great prices and fast delivery, but fewer services. That’s the difference as I see it. As pipcount said, both great companies.

·
Banned
3 Posts
The W&W limb failure I just got a reply from Alternative Sporting Services. Here is their answer after back and forth emails of them trying to avoid covering under warranty. Oh it’s a two year warranty but .... “huge lump of rubber” is a sims vibration dampener for recurves.

“Thank you for your email.

We think the huge lump of rubber you attached to the limb may have contributed to an early failure. We will need to refer the matter to our W&W suppliers to get a definitive answer if the warranty has been invalidated or not.

This is why you never buy anything from anywhere but a US dealer or Lancaster. I would already have this resolved.

Last pic is W&W website picture of a staff shooter using the same Sims vib
All limbs and companies have failures, delamination happens. I always used a 18 or 20 strand 8125 string, my outdoor arrows are over 9GPP, limbs are taken off with a stringer after shooting. Delam happened right at the end of the fade out. I should have known they were failing as the tiller had changed 1/2”. I check tiller and BH every time I string it up.

#wiawis
#winandwin
#winwin
Good thing you didn't murder your Wife and tell the police it was a "home invasion" lolol....cause you would have busted out the glass on the back door...from the inside-OUT...leaving broken glass on the OUTSIDE of the house....instead of INSIDE the house (from a REAL home invasion)...

You want us all to believe that this was a limb "failure" from "drawing" an arrow?

"CHALLENGE" !!!! Everyone...take a stick in both hands and snap it....or an arrow....and snap it over your knee.

WHICH DIRECTION DO THE SPLINTERS GO? I betcha, if you were snapping it...forcing your hands DOWN....OR....as in snapping it over your KNEE...again...forcing your hands DOWN (on either side of your knee)...the break/splintering....would be UP...facing you / your face / busting OUT!!!

So...tell us all....WHY...the BREAK / splintering...is on the INSIDE of the limb???....

Naw.....you ran over this limb....there's no MANU defect....but nice try ;-)))

....Oh....and you would have been convicted of the murder....LOLOLOLOL

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
nice first post. you must be a scientist, a Pinkerton, or a private investigator, or maybe a star on CSI.

Reactions: rsarns

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Good thing you didn't murder your Wife and tell the police it was a "home invasion" lolol....cause you would have busted out the glass on the back door...from the inside-OUT...leaving broken glass on the OUTSIDE of the house....instead of INSIDE the house (from a REAL home invasion)...

You want us all to believe that this was a limb "failure" from "drawing" an arrow?

"CHALLENGE" !!!! Everyone...take a stick in both hands and snap it....or an arrow....and snap it over your knee.

WHICH DIRECTION DO THE SPLINTERS GO? I betcha, if you were snapping it...forcing your hands DOWN....OR....as in snapping it over your KNEE...again...forcing your hands DOWN (on either side of your knee)...the break/splintering....would be UP...facing you / your face / busting OUT!!!

So...tell us all....WHY...the BREAK / splintering...is on the INSIDE of the limb???....

Naw.....you ran over this limb....there's no MANU defect....but nice try ;-)))

....Oh....and you would have been convicted of the murder....LOLOLOLOL
Right….. what an idiot.

·
Banned
3 Posts
nice first post. you must be a scientist, a Pinkerton, or a private investigator, or maybe a star on CSI.
Uuuummm, no.....just BASIC "observation"....am I the ONLY one who can see this? No one else watches Forensic Files or Snapped? ..... lolol

What does "first post" have to do WITH "material science" OR "physics"? The BREAK is OBVIOUSLY in ONE direction...and it didn't COME FROM draw pull OR the stringing DIRECTION!

If YOU think a Ph.D is needed to SOLVE this...then YOU are the NEXT one trying to "pull a fast one" on an
archery vendor !!! lololoolol...

You REALLY bought this guys "story" of MANU defect? LOLOLOLOL

He was "smart enough" to INCLUDE the vehicle IN the photo that BROKE the limb !!!!! LOLOLOLOL :)

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Blow up the pictures and look at the tire tracks on the limbs. Lol. Sure.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
When Rsarns has his new limbs in hand, some people might not look so smart. Some people compound (as usual not a good thing) things by continuing.

Bowmania

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
When Rsarns has his new limbs in hand, some people might not look so smart. Some people compound (as usual not a good thing) things by continuing.

Bowmania
I’ve had the replacement limbs for quite awhile now. Not sure who has a vendetta with me but I’m sure it’s a long list. Lol.
If it’s who Steve and I think it is then welcome back! Lolololol. Oh yes you used to use that a lot.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,625 Posts
Ren, sorry to hear about the limb failure, but glad it worked out in the end.

Your failure looks very much like the one I had when my limb exploded during a FITA tournament with about 100 participants. The explosion was heard across the shooting line, and probably by many in the surrounding community.

Like you, I had to deal with naysayers at the tournament, and it really hurt. These naysayers also claimed that my splinters were pointing in the wrong direction and that I must have ran over the bow with my car that was parked 200 yards away. I tried to explain that the rules prevent me from leaving the shooting line between arrows to move my car. That just led to them going to the judges accusing me of a rules violation.

I have to admit that I watch neither Forensics Files or Snapped (whatever that is). I am not Pinkerton, a private investigator, or a star on CSI. But I am a scientist with a PhD.

But then, I have no experience germane to this issue, such as work working in a materials lab of a major aerospace manufacturer on graphite epoxy composites research that included destructive testing. Wait a minute....that's exactly what I used to do !!!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts