Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The W&W limb failure I just got a reply from Alternative Sporting Services. Here is their answer after back and forth emails of them trying to avoid covering under warranty. Oh it’s a two year warranty but .... “huge lump of rubber” is a sims vibration dampener for recurves.

“Thank you for your email.

We think the huge lump of rubber you attached to the limb may have contributed to an early failure. We will need to refer the matter to our W&W suppliers to get a definitive answer if the warranty has been invalidated or not.

This is why you never buy anything from anywhere but a US dealer or Lancaster. I would already have this resolved.

Last pic is W&W website picture of a staff shooter using the same Sims vib
All limbs and companies have failures, delamination happens. I always used a 18 or 20 strand 8125 string, my outdoor arrows are over 9GPP, limbs are taken off with a stringer after shooting. Delam happened right at the end of the fade out. I should have known they were failing as the tiller had changed 1/2”. I check tiller and BH every time I string it up.

#wiawis
#winandwin
#winwin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I've had a couple "warranty" issues with Alternative; both went smoothly. I contacted them; they said sent item back for review; then, they sent a replacement and a store credit for my shipping costs.

Each time they did mention waiting for a reply from the manufacturer before proceeding.

Reactions: Steve and rsarns

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I fought alt on my first purchase with them. I sent the limbs back and they sent them back to me again. So i returned twice for 110$ shipping. I had to do a claim through paypal all the while alt was sending me emails saying i was trying to "cheat"" them. Alt never again!

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
I dunno what yer complainin' about REN, thet limb lerks fine to me.

Reactions: rsarns

·
Registered
981 Posts
Horsebow?

Can you post close ups of both limbs both sides?
About close enough to only see 1/3 of limb from fade out toward mid limb.

Hoping to view the foam or whatever is filler lams along the edge, glue lines.

Chryshaling?

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Limb edges you cannot see the lams. Here is a few pics. You can see the delam going a ways.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
definitely the classic puck failure. never stick hockey pucks on a limb. It's mixing sports. bound to led to colossal negative results.

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
really REN I am sorry your having the problems with your WW limbs.....great limbs, normally.
But the more we play the wider the percentages get that something will break.
MY TURN is out there, and I can feel it coming on.
Again, I sympathize with you.

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Loved the InnoEX prime limbs. Other than this issue. My biggest complaint is the lack of concern and knowledge shown by Alt Services. Lancaster would already have new limbs on the way. Lancaster showed these as out of stock when I bought them. Should have just picked something in stock at Lancaster.

I put a new set of W&W MXT GF limbs I just bought a bit ago from Lancaster on and kind of got a bit of PTSD as I am being extremely cautious drawing back now. Getting hit in the head will do that for ya. Kind of like busting my lip when my back tension release went off on my compound at about 3/4 draw. Lol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Send a copy of the letter to Limbsaver and tell them to either get involved or buy you a new set of limbs. I highly doubt that the dampener had anything to do with the failure. I do expect the folks that build them to be a little miffed at the accusation.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Had an issue with my EX1 Evo2s from Alt. Contacted them and was told they would have to contact manufacturer. They had me return the limbs and Uukha made good on a new set. A very smooth transaction. I have a feeling W&W will stand by the warranty. Good luck.

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just sent this to limbsaver:

Just a heads up that Alternative Sporting Services is saying I possibly voided my W&W limb warranty by placing your limb savers on my InnoEX limbs. The limbs delaminated and now I’m being told my warranty may be void. Here is their exact email to me.

Reynold

Thank you for your email.

We think the huge lump of rubber you attached to the limb may have contributed to an early failure. We will need to refer the matter to our W&W suppliers to get a definitive answer if the warranty has been invalidated or not.

We await their response.

Best regards

Glyn Goodwin
Alternative Services
www.alternativess.com

·
finger shooter
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh and today’s response from Alt services in response to my reply yesterday showing use of the exact same limb saver on the W&W web page:

Thank you for your email.

I’m sure it will be fine. This issue raised a concern and this needs to be addressed through the correct channels first. This needs to be done properly.

Best regards

Glyn Goodwin
Alternative Services
www.alternativess.com

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Sounds like they're going through the same process with you they did with me (counting on the manufacturers warranty), albeit while making a rather poor attempt at covering their butts at the same time. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I did return of some Uukha via Alt Services. steps below: (AS= Alt serv, U=uukha). While the entire process took ~2 months if I recall, each step was ok and the service was fine. AS is keeping their costs low by not stocking for repairs, using warranty. Cost of new sx50 via AS is ~3/4 that of from lancaster- you get the service/speed you pay for. I am willing to wait.

As a fellow who likes clean and efficient processes I found the steps to fulfilling way inefficient. This would shortcut if it was simply handled by U directly. Wasteful of time and resources for all participants. I work at a major manufacturer- we handle warranty directly with customers to reduce frictional costs.

1- send clear description of issue, picture to AS
2. AS sends to uukha
3. Uukha says "send to us for final review"
4. I send to AS
5. AS sends to U
6. Wait... weeks.
7. Uukha approves replacement
8. Wait again...
9. U sends to AS
10. AS sends to me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts