Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting Easton ION and I'm trying to see if there is a lighter shaft in the same price range.

Bob

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
The Easton Carbon One 600 is 6.9 gpi, I'm not familiar with the ION to compare.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Victory Vap 600 is 5.5 GPI I believe. Otherwise the GT 600 UL is 5.7GPI.

-Grant

·
wannabe
2,160 Posts
Carbon Tech Cheetah .650's are 5.3 grpi.

·
ryan brodrick
2,132 Posts
ion is 6.4..so pretty light.

the carbon ones and victories are more expensive when you have to figure in the components.

the gold tip ultra lights are close to the same price but youre only going to save about 20gns overall. thats not a big speed increase.

are you going for more speed or trying to tune something (foc etc).

if you are going for pure speed then you can leave the arrow a bit long but go with a much lighter point and really shave some weight off and pick up speed. the good thing about the super light shafts is you can still get an ok FOC with a lighter shaft.

you might look into carbon-impact "super clubs" or mckinney (carbon express) "kids" arrows. i will try to find some links if no one else can come up with anything. i THINK lancaster has them.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't miss one arrow... I think I'll stick with the ION, Diameter is smaller than GT. I'm not sure what the FOC is but I'm using 300 gr. points and full arrow is 525 gr. And I'm getting super good flight. Draw 26" arrows is 28" just works.

Thanks Bob

·
ryan brodrick
2,132 Posts
Sounds like you got the right one, bob. You know, they make axis in 600s now. Really tough compared to any other carvings ive shot but I dint have experience with the ions.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Bob,

What DW are you shooting that you can get a 600 to tune with 300gr upfront? I couldn't do that with 20# limbs.

-Grant

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
44# @ 26".... I do have a super release though????? Carter like Mike... Bad joints. The Axis is a good shaft, but a little heavier. The ION does pretty good and tough.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
I'd have thought shooting a release would require a stiffer spine. Although I've never tried it with a recurve.

-Grant

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I have had Carbon Tech Cheetahs for years. Ultra light with very accurate spine, straightness, and weight. I am building set or 300 spine right now for 150 grain field points and 150 grain broadheads.

Rasyad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts