Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you pay for a resident license where you live?

Here in Mass. I just bought my hunting/fishing license. With added turkey, bear, archery and muzzle-loader permits, plus fees, it came out to $70.25. ($65.20 + $5.05 fee)

Antlerless tags are only charged for if/when you get one - via lottery - later in the summer.

What are the license costs elsewhere?

(And please, if you want to talk non-resident fees, feel free to start another topic. I'll make popcorn! ;-) )

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I just looked Michigan up, since they changed things last year. We now have to have a base license, which comes with small game. So they have a new package now that I will likely get and its $76. I dont qualify for senior cost, but Ive added it for those that do when comparing to their state. The combo license allows you to take 2 bucks per year, one has a point restriction. This license can be used in bow or gun season. During bow you can take 2 does with this license instead of bucks if you choose, but they are looking to eliminate that option. Plus we have areas now that have their own point restrictions on both bucks and in disease areas Im told you can shoot does with a gun on this license.

Hunt/Fish Combo License (includes base, deer combo and annual all-species fishing)

Resident - ^$76.00
Nonresident - ^$266.00
Senior (Michigan residents only) - ^$43.00
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_14518_65243-305249--,00.html

Reactions: DanaC

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
About $115 if I purchase a bear tag and my coastal rec fisherman's license. The RCFL allows me to pull my 28' shrimp trawl and fill my freezer with fresh shrimp in addition to some species of fish, softshell crabs, and blue crabs every year. Seafood and wild game make up a big part of my family's diet....

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Sportsmans license here covers everything except your federal duck stamp or Gatlinburg daily trout permits; it is $136 this year, going up to $146 next year, I think. if you put in for draw hunts, you pay no drawing fee, no extra fee if drawn either.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Just bought my 2015 Illinois hunting/fishing (Sportsman lic) license covering small game and fishing yesterday for $31.75. Archery deer tags and turkey tags are approx. $15 each and shotgun deer about $20 each. Don't know where the $200 figure came from?

·
Registered
61 Posts
The $200.00 figure came from 2015 Illinois Regulation Book.

Resident Hunting Lic. $12.50
Habitat Stamp $5.50
Duck Stamp $15.50
Deer Firearm Permit Resident Lottery ES, Anterless Only $42.50
Resident Doe Tag $18.00 ea.
Deer Muzzlerloader Permit Resident Lottery ES $42.50
Deer Archery Permit $26.00
Doe Tag $15.00 ea.
Turkey Archery Fall permit $5.50
Turkey Gun Fall permit $5.50
Turkey Gun/Archery Spring permit $15.00 limit of 3 = $45.00

It's $250.00 without extra doe tags gun and bow, late season $18.50, Special Hunt Area $17.50, Chronic Wasting Disease Permit $5.50 + whoever you buy all of them from add their commission to each one.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, about $250 ? Complicated list there! I'll update the states list to $250.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I live in Missouri and I think our license costs are very reasonable.

Small game/fishing combo license - $19
Firearms deer tag - $17 (one deer of either sex)
Archery tag - $17 (two deer of either sex and two turkeys of either sex)
Spring turkey tag - $17 (two birds with a visible beard)
Fall turkey tag - $13 (two birds of either sex)

If you own 5 or more acres you qualify for landowner tags at no cost. There are other price breaks for being 65 and older or 15 and younger.

Darren

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
The $200.00 figure came from 2015 Illinois Regulation Book.

Resident Hunting Lic. $12.50
Habitat Stamp $5.50
Duck Stamp $15.50
Deer Firearm Permit Resident Lottery ES, Anterless Only $42.50
Deer Muzzlerloader Permit Resident Lottery ES $42.50
Deer Archery Permit $26.00
Doe Tag $15.00 ea.
Turkey Archery Fall permit $5.50
Turkey Gun Fall permit $5.50
Turkey Gun/Archery Spring permit $15.00 limit of 3 = $45.00

It's $250.00 without extra doe tags gun and bow, late season $18.50, Special Hunt Area $17.50, Chronic Wasting Disease Permit $5.50 + whoever you buy all of them from add their commission to each one.
Yeah, you're buying a lot more tags than I am, hoyt! I'm mainly an archery deer and turkey hunter and don't do as much firearm hunting as I used to do. Good luck this year.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dave, I don't buy all those permits and tags anymore..although when younger I would hunt everything in season and have bought all of them not many yrs ago.

Deer and turkey numbers are down so low around my place it's not worth it now. I haven't even used an extra doe tag in several yrs.

I still buy the archery. modern gun, muzzleloader and turkey tags..but get the cheaper ones (deer permits) that is just one deer either sex and then buy another doe tag if needed. Which I haven't in the last 3 yrs at least.

Good luck to you this yr also.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I generally spend:

$72 for all around sportsman license( bow, shotgun, fishing)
$28 each for 2 bow zone permits
$28 for bow buck tag
$28 for 1 muzz zone permit
$28 for Muzz buck tag
$10 for rifle permit( required for hunting with muzz. which is silly)
$40 for pheasant stamp
$15 for state waterfowl stamp
$5 for federal waterfowl stamp
$28 for a permit to hunt local federal ground

Little to no " management practices" in place on the state grounds and more hunters every year paying these fees. I will say we do have high bag limits but season dates are very complicated. The game regs read like tax code. Seasons come in, go out, and come back in awkwardly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In Arkansas $25 gets you 6 deer tags (4 doe & 2 buck) and 2 spring gobbler tags. Includes everything furry or feathery except federal migratory birds, bears (not 100%) and elk.
A $15 fishing license covers all fishing including trout, frogs, bowfishing except alligator I believe...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts