Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we moved here in Tampa I am shooting towards a single target in my garaze..I was wondering what's yalls set up? I ll post pics of my miserable single target tomorrow.. In the meantime post something that will make me lealous, please!
If you have trouble posting pics email them to me and I ll post em for you
(pm me for email)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I don't have any pic's but my home range is all horse feed bags stuffed with roofing insulation that costs me nothing.
Off my front lawn they are spread out in a fan in our horse paddock so I can shoot them all from one position from 25 to 45 yards.
Or I can step over the fence into the paddock and shoot them from 15 to 35 yards.
On the other side of the house we have a larger paddock where I've been known to sight my 3006 in at 300 yards, but my archery targets out there are at 50,60,and 70 yards.
The long targets need to be moved when ever the cows are in that paddock because they put cow snot all over them which I don't really appreciate that much.
The ones in the horse paddock tend to get chucked about by one of the horses now an then, but he has fun so I can live with that.
I don't know how people can live in towns,,and citys are just something else altogether.

John.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
John, your post made me laugh, good stuff :cheers:

Subscribing to the thread so I can add my pics later on. Just moved, and I haven't decided how to set up the archery range yet. Now I have lots of room to do as I please.. and no neighbors within an arrows reach. I'll follow up after I set things up proper.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Here's mine standing about 20 yards away. I have a replacement kill zone for a 3 D cinnamon bear for practicing with my broad heads. Also my 3 D deer, I could practice out to about 100 yards but the arc of the arrow would put me in the trees. I normally practice out to 30 yards. That's my hunting woods right behind and the longest archery shot would be 20 yards, it's pretty thick in there.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I've got a Yellow Jacket and a couple of foam targets but my primary targets are stuffed feed sacks. My Chief of Staff was informed long ago that we don't throw away plastic bags from the grocery store. They go into a feed sack in the laundry room and when they get stomped down as full as I can get them they become a target. Bar none the best free target material I've found. I build frames with bases, use old trampoline webbing as backstops, and set them out on the paths around the property. I'll shoot the center out of a 3D target in short order but I've got bag targets that I've been shooting for two years....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.