Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know what thickness laminations to use when making selections for a fiberglass and wood laminated longbow. I have an idea of the length and width of the bow and the draw wieght I want I just don't know how to get there. Any help would be great, Thanks a lot!

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
This to some extent is a trial ane error process due to the variation of length, width, and crossection the individual making the bow chooses. It comes to the fact that bows are made by individuals differently. Reflex and Deflex on the limbs also make a difference. I suggest that if you can find someone with a laminated long bow at or near the poundage that you are looking for and in the configuration that you like, ask to measure it and then try to duplicate it. When it is complete you may find that you got lucky and have what you wanted, or you may have to try again. Keep records of you work and then you will be able to predict what small changes will do for your design. You may be able to tap into someonelse cook book, and there design and get the results that you want. That will be lucky. The fact is that the design will by yours and the joy of developing the complete design will belong to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rob

Post the specs on the bow you want to build, I can help you with the stack thickness........................James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts