Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know TT used to be the venue for warfbows and now it seems people want them for nothing?

If people have decided they want fancy high dollar machined risers instead of a warf???? OK,,but it seems that people do not want to pay what a good warf is worth anymore?

You know Bob charged 125 bucks for a warf job and it seems that even when warftech has been pushed into another threshold of builds like in floor dovetail milling and the use of a milling machine to get the correct dims built into a warf,,,,,,,people still want them for nothing.

I am not selling anymore of my warf's here or anywhere else for pocket change and plan on hanging on to what I have in stock.

All of mine are marked and life warranty which seems to make little difference so until something changes I am not selling any here.:sbrug:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Reminds me of something I read in Walden years ago.

Henry David Thoreau said:
"Not long since, a strolling Indian went to sell baskets at the house of a well-known lawyer in my neighborhood. "Do you wish to buy any baskets?" he asked. "No, we do not want any," was the reply. "What!" exclaimed the Indian as he went out the gate, "do you mean to starve us?" Having seen his industrious white neighbors so well off-that the lawyer had only to weave arguments, and, by some magic, wealth and standing followed-he had said to himself: I will go into business; I will weave baskets; it is a thing which I can do. Thinking that when he had made the baskets he would have done his part, and then it would be the white man's to buy them. He had not discovered that it was necessary for him to make it worth the other's while to buy them, or at least make him think that it was so, or to make something else which it would be worth his while to buy.

I too had woven a kind of basket of a delicate texture, but I had not made it worth any one's while to buy them. Yet not the less, in my case, did I think it worth my while to weave them, and instead of studying how to make it worth men's while to buy my baskets, I studied rather how to avoid the necessity of selling them. The life which men praise and regard as successful is but one kind. Why should we exaggerate any one kind at the expense of the others?"

·
Premium Member
12,821 Posts
ehhh STAY in touch, SAM, maybe it will turn around.
Some of us are still interested, but I have enough warfs to shoot.
I want to say THANKS to you here & now for all you have done for me & this forum.
Thanks!
At least, I have enough to suit me, until some ODD ones turn up!!!

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not even leaving my home here,,,,,just listing all my warfs on ebay from now on. I have a good interest in warfing on my FB page and am doing really well there. Has not much at all to do with tradtalk other than Guys here wanting high dollar stuff with shiny risers and big price tags.

Someone could actually take a weighted Pro Vantage and beat all the 5 or 6 hundred dollar risers with a decent set of limbs and I am looking for THAT guy!

People seem to have become consumed with spending their money on the latest greatest gadget with the best paint job.

No way am leaving my home here or ever stopping warf builds with the exception of my spring homemade 2x72 belt grinder and the deal I already have going with the 1095 steel and knife design.

You guys are stuck with me here,,,,,,LOL,,,,and could not be ran off with a stick! Notice I posted new picks on the build along and will continue to do so:shooting:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Sam I've been looking for a shorter riser and had I known about that 18" Quinn you've been talking about last week it would be heading my way right now. I love my Warfs, they're pure shooters....

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Personally I have built all my own Warfs and several wood risers from scratch. 2011 at 60 yo with health issues, I entered my first and only ever IFAA WBHC and won bronze also our ABA nationals and won gold finished the year being nominated for SportsStar of the year in ballistics, no archer has ever won. I used my all time favourite TD-3/20" warfed to Das. :eek: What a ride !!! To me it was a facinating journey and huge learning curve, we have few field/3d coaches here in the Oz western state so we are generaly self taught. Now I shoot new, low cost risers like my €190 23" Srig Evolution with €180 SF Ult Pro longs, no Warf can come close to this "budget" set up, imho. And with other "cheapies" available I can undestand why Warf interest is sliding. Very sad but,,,,, there ya go. :(

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I have the Rambo sitting because I haven't decided on limbs, the Black Bear is all set up and shooting dandy, and then two other non warf bows (including the Quillian I got from you bud)...one day I said gees I have 4 bows already. I'm gonna end up with a pile like some of you guys,at this rate.

If I ever find a stallion it will be sent to you asap...my eyes are always peeled for a chance to add a warf..Im just picky now that I have the two most popular ones.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a Stallion waiting to be converted and one is on it's way to someone tomorrow that I changed the pocket angle's a tad like I did for Steve Long.

·
Registered
15 Posts
from a newbie perspective I think aroadik may have hit it. there are quite a few low cost production bows that seem (I am a newbie) to be very good, so to learn to shoot they seem to be the best deal.

my interest in warf's has not diminished, I just have an awful lot to learn about archery in general before I start trying to piece one together. not to knock Sam, but the appeal to me is to do it myself.

when I get there, depending upon my current financial conditions (currently looking at salary reduction for a while until revenue picks up - again!), I might do something with Sam to have a prime example before I embark upon my own project.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts