Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
markliep
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since trashing my string hand thumb I've had to go to a low anchor + SW - my follow through has felt shortened vs with a high anchor & I've also found that I had to go back to a grip from shooting off the riser.

Got one of my kids to video my release & then ran it through Kinovea with mag on string hand - great tool for form analysis - was also pleased with how well the BB weights do on the Samick vision riser that MartinO recommended.

Any form pointers on the pics below from you gurus would be appreciated - Thx - M

·
ryan brodrick
2,128 Posts
Don't lean back.

Anchor string position somewhere; it's floating. You could probably draw at least a half inch further from the looks of things.

Pharr to tell from stills but it looks like you are forcing your string hand fingers open and torquing them off the string. If this is the case then your final follow through position is also most likely a forced position. The follow through is a result if the tensions you built at anchor/expansion and then as your string hand relaxes,BAM, your arm comes back.

Overall it looks like you are doing lots of things correctly, I'm just nitpicking and throwing things out there. Really hard to say much from stills. Video is much more useful.

Reactions: markliep

·
ryan brodrick
2,128 Posts
Sweet riser!

·
markliep
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx - yup my excuse for the lean back is dt icy footing below front foot but will need to sort that out - for anchor I tend to follow Rick McKinneys reccos = engage back on draw - come to anchor then place facial markers on the string prior to aim - for release I thought the same thing as you did on slow mo review but after the stills what I think is that the string pushes the hand away first ... Be curious to see with other comments if I'm wrong - Funny thing is I've been focusing on bow arm push more than string arm scapula pull to improve the release ... I see more Kinovea in my future - Thx for the input will watch stance & anchor for round2 - M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts