Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The rhyme says "The world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings!"

Summertime is here and the world is full of the goodness God made. Hope everyone takes time to keep the main thing the main thing.

Here's a few of the ways we've managed in the last couple of weeks...

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Life can be good! This is the busiest time I have ever experienced, in terms of work. I had to re-schedule my hog hunting trip :(.

But what I have to be thankful far outweighs any complaints!!!

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Enjoy your sharing Mike.... the joys of summer are never better then with family, especially the youngin's who thrive so wonderfully on life's simple pleasures.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Piney,

You have some good times ahead of you, pa pa! I'm in no hurry to get to where you are, but I look forward to the prospect of that new season when it comes time!

Dave,

Given my schedule lately, my time with my family is the salve that I need personally, and no matter how much there is, it ain't enough!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
You certainly seem to have your priorities in the right place. You'd never believe how fast they grow up and are off on thier own! You can't buy that time back.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mine are grown (in college). Boy, I miss those days!

Glad to see you are making the most of your time with your kids.

Enjoy!!! :highfive:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Enjoy it Mike, it'll pass before you know it.

My oldest is 21 and off to college in Florida, I remember WELL carrying him to the nursery after he was born.

No.2 is 18 and will stay in Illinois attending U of I when we move to Ohio, he spent 11 days in intensive care with a staff infection after his birth, probably from the emergency C section that scared us to death.

My daughter, the youngest got her drivers license this week and will be in eleventh grade next fall, she used to run into my arms each day when I got home from work, alas...no longer.

I have many memories of fishing, camping trips, bluebonnets, and less pleasurable memories. I can hardly believe I'm almost 50 and the nest is almost empty. Time flies, new and different memories will be made in years to come.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Good post Mike,

My wife & i are fortunate to be re-living it again, thru our daughters children... our Grandsons.

The oldest is 4 1/2 & the youngest... well, he was born day before yesterday.
9 #'s 13 ozs.
When you have Grand children, you fully understand why they are called "Grand"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts