Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Barbarian Tyrant
971 Posts
Looks good you guys of course I'm 600 miles north of you! Nice yard Sam and I see the buds swelling in those trees. Hope you don't loose power.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
We're scheduled to get the same here on the coast here shortly guys, sleet and freezing rain, and the rain is just starting. But I've got some beautifully seasoned oak split and stacked, my Sweetie is a bona fide pyromaniac and loves tending a fire, and the generator is full of fuel...just in case.

Good luck to everyone...stay warm.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good you guys of course I'm 600 miles north of you! Nice yard Sam and I see the buds swelling in those trees. Hope you don't loose power.
It may set the leaves back a couple of weeks?

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
'Sleet' is frozen rain, not to be confused with 'freezing rain' which falls as liquid and freezes on contact. Sleet is like fine wet hail or very heavy snow. nasty stuff.

Just one of the fun things about winter.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Sam, that shows you're a southerner. Any dam'yankee knows the difference between sleet and freezing rain - sleet will put your car in the ditch, but freezing rain will freeze you out of the car! We get both kinds up here, often enough to 'appreciate' the subtle differences ;-)

And you don't know what fun is until you have to chisel a quarter inch of solid ice off the windshield. Then heat up the key so you can open the car door ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts