Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...for fun only...

Hoyt Trykon shooting sub-300 lightspeeds #60...295 fps average...

Palmer Carbon shooting 590 grn Bemans #65...198 fps average...

I had a lot of silencing junk on the string...hunting rig...plus a lot of wax too...I think with a fresh string, less wax, and fewer cat whiskers, I'll go over 200 average with 600 grns...

The guy shooting the guy shooting the Trykon was shooting with a TAB and no sights, though with full stabs...so I'm sure he would go over 300 fps with a release...

...really nice fellow...longtime "instinctive" wheelie shooter...

Fun to shoot with an accomplished wheelie guy...humbling to see the quarter sized groups he shot...

He didn't take it too well when he asked if I wanted to shoot his compound and I said, I'd rather french kiss his bulldog...( I told him I was kidding, of course).

Actually, he wanted to shoot my 'curve...but just gave me that particular, "macho idiot," look when he heard the draw weight...so, I made sure to tell him it was my "target bow," and my lightest at the moment (I conveniently forgot about my Warf...lol...)

All in all, it made me realize there are a lot more wheelie guys out there with an interest in Trad gear...

We were just lucky there were none of those snobby Long Bow guys around, like that Pinelander guy...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I guess some are okay...just that Pinelander guy, I mean last time I was shooting next to him indoors, the feather in his hat kept poking me in the eye and he wouldn't even take it off...

Plus, when I pointed out he had a run in his green tights, he challenged me to a duel!

·
Registered
230 Posts
longbow=snobby,,,,dang it david what have you got me into!!! atlantis,,,what kinda string you using right now? i've got the stock string on my double carbon legend and was thinking about either a "great string" from ROD or a "kinetic fury" from HNL strings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I remember one day when I was heading outside with my Robertson Purist and I caught a glimpse of another Trad guy, thought he was carrying a 'curve...and I found myself thinking, "Poor, unenlightened ruffian...probably drinks beer instead of sherry...," then I realized I had just passed a mirror!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now I've got an old TS1 string on it...thing is it's about an inch and a half too long so I've got it over twisted...

I've got one of those Kinetic Fury strings coming for it and as soon as I can get my hands on a couple, I'll pick up some more of Rod's as well...

I'm also going to try out a couple other string makers for a few Lb's...

I'll definitely post a review of the Kinetic Fury string with some numbers...

Rod's strings speak for themselves...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol...yep...in and out...you'd think the neighbors would have more of a Christmas spirit and disable their network security...I can't take much more...

I did see a dish from Australia that's supposed to be able to pick up wireless from 15 KM...imagine the number of unsecure networks in Manhattan!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.