Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Curious... are you sending those limbs directly to Uukha, or to the retailer you purchased them from?

·
The Mad Scientist
1,502 Posts
At least Uukha honors the mandated EU warranty no questions asked (5 year for France, 3 for Scotland) unlike other Europe bowyers who claim they only have a 1 year warranty. This is a full replacement cost not prorated warranty due to manufactures defects. I've had Uukha limbs that were 3 years old replaced no charge, but that can't be said for a buddies riser made in Scotland that was barely 1 year old. He got 1/2 the money back in clear violation of the EU warranty but you'd have to sue in an overseas court to enforce it, which is why they ignore it and screw those of us in the US.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That 5 year warranty is good to know ….

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I agree, Ed. That's why I asked him who he was shipping them to.

I had a limb failure a couple years ago (not Uukha's). I was asked by Alternative to return them. I paid for the shipping back, then, Alternative issued me a credit to cover my shipping cost. That was acceptable to me as I purchase from them often.

·
The Mad Scientist
1,502 Posts
Uukha asks that you send them to the retailer where you bought them. In my case IXPE no longer sells them so they had me ship directly to Uukha. No they didn't cover the shipping but at least they covered the warranty unlike other Euro companies. If you notice Uukha doesn't even state their warranty as it's set by the EU. Beware of others that do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's an impressive failure. A good reminder to check your limbs for chrysals periodically.

Never had an issue with my Uukhas knock on wood (Besides not having stiff enough arrows on hand because they shoot so darn hard).

21 - 28 of 28 Posts