Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first set of Selenger’s started when I heard a pop. A single weave of carbon lifted. When I drew my arrow another pop and another weave. I bought these limb form The Archery Shop in the UK. Sent pictures. Uukha wanted them back. Which cost me a chunk of change. They sent me another set. Within a month I heard that pop. A single weave of carbon lifted. Sent pictures. Uukha wanted them back at my expense. I loved these limbs took a shot and that’s what happens when carbon gives way. See pics.
Grey Rectangle Cylinder Wood Tints and shades

·
Spearhead
3,949 Posts
Ouch, hope your ok, good to hear they replaced them and sounds like it happened with the second set?
what model were these limbs, your draw and riser length and arrow weight, curious, have a few sets of them.

Chad

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Love the way Uukha limbs draw and shoot, but they seem to have some unique limb issues. I have had hundreds of bows and sets of limbs. I never had a limb break or a set not align. I had Gobis not align on Das but on ilf with lla I could align them.

The only limb failure I experienced was when I was going to buy a OL Adcock longbow from Aldo. As I drew it back the bottom limb let go and hit me in the eye. Luckily I had glasses on.

To have two sets of high end limbs go one after the other seems more than coincidence. It makes me wonder what is going on at Uukha.

I wonder if they changed management trying to cut costs for profit or lost experienced workers due to covid.

·
Registered
812 Posts
. . . over catalyzed + over heated in the cure process . . .

(but it’s quicker . . . !)

regards,

John

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Selenghas broke on about the 4th shot- zero warning. It gave me a pretty good welt below my left eye ( lefty) it could have been worse.
Alt services sent me a shipping label and Uukha replaced them…but it took about 6 weeks.

I can’t find the photos right now I forgot to put them in an album.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My Selenghas broke on about the 4th shot- zero warning. It gave me a pretty good welt below my left eye ( lefty) it could have been worse.
Alt services sent me a shipping label and Uukha replaced them…but it took about 6 weeks.

I can’t find the photos right now I forgot to put them in an album.
Both cases of broken limbs were the Selenga's. I wonder if the SX80 limbs are just more brittle from having more carbon. I have two sets of SX50's with no problems, same limbs as the Gobi's.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Both cases of broken limbs were the Selenga's. I wonder if the SX80 limbs are just more brittle from having more carbon. I have two sets of SX50's with no problems, same limbs as the Gobi's.
Glad to here that. I have SX50s coming.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I must have dumped the pics of mine but the top limb broke in the same spot as in the OP's photo.

If I had a do over I would just do the SX50's....

Reactions: Locomo

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Ordered mine June 4th. They are XLs and we’re just being made. They are on the way to me now.

I ordered them through John’s Custom Archery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reply to answers...,Selnga, longs, 50# on a WF 19 in. riser, 652 string. Made the bow 64”. I have a 29” draw.
I loved everything about the limbs. Smooth ,fast, the design of the limbs I just don’t care for Uukha’s answer. It was product faller pure and simple. Sent pictures answered there questions. They still insisted for me to send them back at my expense.
Not making bows any more.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts