Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone bringing kids to Trad Worlds. The rules for youth trad DO NOT jive between regular IBO rules and Trad Worlds rules.

I thought the whole purpose of the new rules was to do away with issues like this.

Matt

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rests are allowed at regular IBO shelf only at Trad Worlds.

If the IBO wants to recruit all the NASP and JOAD kids it sure would make sense to me to make it easier for them to attend not harder.

·
Banned
548 Posts
For anyone bringing kids to Trad Worlds. The rules for youth trad DO NOT jive between regular IBO rules and Trad Worlds rules.

I thought the whole purpose of the new rules was to do away with issues like this.

Matt
There are a number of differences in the classes (all ages) between IBO traditional only events (trad worlds) and IBO combined events.

Unfortunately, sometimes even the officials are confused.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Sharp eye, Matt. Good that you picked up on that well before the event.

I guess I don't understand the necessity of IBO having their "regular" rules and then a separate set of trad rules. Seems to me that when they have a trad tournament, the only deviation from the "regular" rules should be that only trad classes may enter. Perhaps that's would be way too simplistic.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I dont get it either Matt. The organization should set the rules and thats the end of it.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'm with you Matt. Trad world seem to want to stand outside the rest of the youth organizations. I guess that's ok, but when their part of the IBO then it really doesn't make any sense at all.

As a parent I am not sure how to approach this problem?

Local organizations have IBO rule the same as men's with their own twist, but kids and women their a little more flexible. I printed the NASP, 65 page manual, along with Game and Fish. Will see what happen here locally. Maybe some pressure is due. Over on AT I discussed this same issue in the men's class about shelf buildup between trad world and IBO trad. That's not even the same.
Dan

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Now you all know the great IBO wizards of rule making knows what is best for everyone, they dont need to ask they have already decided without input from anyone, just like they do on feather length, by being so wise many hundreds of kids will gladly change stuff and flock to them,,,,,,,,,,??just like they did in Chester Texas
(Heavy dose of sarcasim inserted here)

·
Barebow recurve
947 Posts
Only for ages 10-13 and 14-16 the rules read as follows:

"No soft materials that will assist or affect the paradox of the arrow may be used to build up the shelf or strike plate of the riser. Archers may use a hard material on the shelf or on the side of the riser under a hair or leather strip that does not exceed 1/8” thickness."

For kids, it's Primitive Worlds. Not sure why they would deliberately handicap those specific age groups. Must be to keep those pesky teenagers away. ;-)

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Only for ages 10-13 and 14-16 the rules read as follows:

"No soft materials that will assist or affect the paradox of the arrow may be used to build up the shelf or strike plate of the riser. Archers may use a hard material on the shelf or on the side of the riser under a hair or leather strip that does not exceed 1/8" thickness."

For kids, it's Primitive Worlds. Not sure why they would deliberately handicap those specific age groups. Must be to keep those pesky teenagers away. ;-)
Yep, looks like even the velcro that is allowed locally in adult trd is not allowed in the youth division. (rolling eyes).

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ken

Check the new 2014 rules it specifically says leather or fur for adult REC at trad worlds.

Matt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts