·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
792 Posts
Interesting.

It does remind me though that alpha-gal is a immune response to to the saliva from a different type of tick. .

Also this this seems a lot like creating an allergy to ticks. I tend to have allergies and usually notice ticks that have bitten me in less that 12 hours just because Ill find myself scratching at them.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Excellent news, Funny how some vaccines are welcomed

·
Registered
193 Posts
Excellent news, Funny how some vaccines are welcomed
I've little doubt that a Facebook group will soon find 'evidence' that Lyme Disease was created in a lab in Russia decades ago and released into the wild in a deal with Big Pharma, as part of a vast communist Global Reset agenda.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I've little doubt that a Facebook group will soon find 'evidence' that Lyme Disease was created in a lab in Russia decades ago and released into the wild in a deal with Big Pharma, as part of a vast communist Global Reset agenda.
Their is fairly rational theory that either Lyme disease or the ticks that carry it are in part a result of a goverment research project from the 70s or 80s.

People forget now that before the 80s deer ticks simply didnt exist in most of the range they have now.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Before the 80's deer were not even in the areas they are now...

After suffering from a serious ordeal with Lymes disease, MRNA is promising.
I am all for it.

no

Im sure some places didnt have deer. But PA was loaded with deer in the the 80s.

People were actually tracking the progression of deer ticks across the state. I remember the first time I encountered them. I was hunting away from my home a about 100 miles. I remember going home and talking about how they were "almost here" - 2 years later we had them. And they have never left of course.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Their is fairly rational theory that either Lyme disease or the ticks that carry it are in part a result of a goverment research project from the 70s or 80s.

People forget now that before the 80s deer ticks simply didnt exist in most of the range they have now.
But Lyme Disease is all over the world. Big problem in Europe, and has been for a long time.

Ticks and Lyme disease have been around for thousands of years. In fact, a recent autopsy on a 5,300-year-old mummy indicated the presence of the bacteria which causes Lyme disease.
- https://www.bayarealyme.org/about-lyme/history-lyme-disease/

·
Registered
792 Posts
It wasnt an issue in the US until deer ticks spread across the country in a matter of ~10-20 years. In the US the key is the vector not the disease.

Im not saying it was a government conspiracy - but its plausible it had to do with government research.

Its also possible that the deer ticks had practically died out the 1800s and and only a very small population remained isolated. Even while deer populations sky rocketed in the the 1900s after reintroduction. Then in the 1970s the the isolated population of deer ticks met the large continental population of deer and spread like wildfire.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A hunting guide buddy of mine in Az, Co) has serious health problems due to tick bites from over a decade ago that went untreated. Young guy too. He has multiple neurological symptoms that willjust popup out of nowhere…like all of a sudden he will be drenched in sweat. Sometimes the symptoms are debilitating.

Serious stuff…. Nice to see it being addressed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I caught it in Virginia near the Peaks Of Otter. Went on a hike, that evening the wife found 2 ticks on me. Both bite areas had the bullseye mark. 2 Ticks, both had lyme. It almost put me in the hospital. Severe joint issues, fevers, all kinds of neurolgical issues. Brain fog, tinnitus, head aches, "wearing a hat syndrome" and could barely get out of bed some days. Before hand I was healthy as I could be. Finally after the maximum dosage of antibiotics they could give me for 3 weeks, it started subsiding. I had taken so much antibitoics over the course of a year, it took forever for my gut to recover.

nasty stuff for sure

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
SIGN ME UP

thank you for thinking of me

3 people in my immediate family have Lyme

we are woods and animal people so its a bad part of it

I have not had a flair up for awhile and right before covid I had an immune test done and my system tested strong so supposedly I’m nit chronic

what worries me is that one of my middle daughter the 19 year old one has it and I worry …. She gets run down quick

Lyme and cancer just don’t make sense to me

I’m still in the woods almost every day but I’m liking the water more ….less ticks :)

thank you again for thinking of me and the family bless you sir

All in the last few weeks

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,700 Posts
I was listening to my local public radio station recently and they talked about the fact that there was already a vaccine developed years ago for Lyme disease but it was never released due to insufficient interest. I think it predated mRNA vaccines.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Nice to see you out and about JP

I read that too Steve

·
Haybale Hunter
340 Posts
Im all for people putting whatever they want in their bodies. Hey if you want to be part of the trial and take the risks for the furtherance of science, go for it. Just dont tell me I have to take it in order to keep YOU safe from Lymes disease.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.