Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm ready to order a Jager for my Gold Medalist and have a choice of Best or Best 2. Help me out, which one do you like better? Thanks.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
I have been waiting for Jager to produce a left handed version of the Zenit grip in 2.0. Maybe they have it now. I will have to check again.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Just checked again. Left handed 2.0 is not available for my Best Moon and Zenit. They use the Hoyt Matrix grip.

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
I've used both in low. I originally bought the .... err, 'orginal', and was quite happy with it. Later the 2.0 came out. A while afterwards I became concerned I was having too much palm contact so as it was available I tried it. Again it worked fine.

I have again tried the original after using the 2.0 for a long time. I found I had an inconsistent 'cock' to my wrist (rotation angle) so I need to keep all fingers to the side, none resting on the front of the riser. I hadn't noticed this with the 2.0. I'm now checking whether I need to do likewise with the 2.0.

Which to choose?
Hard to say. My hand size is medium for a man. A large hand, go original; a small hand go 2.0. Prefer a narrow, go 2.0.

·
markliep
687 Posts
Have a best on an oly set up & best2 on BB & hunting set ups - I find the best gives me a higher wrist with a bit better palm contact but I need to rotate my wrist into it so it takes a bit longer to set up - the best2 seats faster but feels a little less stable so I have to watch for relaxing my hand more - 6 of one 1/2 doz of the other - both are better then any other grips ivevshot - M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts