Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered one without the rubber pad so I can shape as needed. Who is shooting the Jager Best 2 grip and how is it working out?

Rasyad

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I had mine a little less than a year and sold it. While I never developed much of an affection for it, I did not try modifying it. I figured that if I was going to start puttying and rasping, I may as well start with a basic cheap grip and go from there. Perhaps it will work better for you. "Different strokes for different folks." :luck:

·
Registered
712 Posts
I use one with my Zenit and love it; I have had no need for modifications.

Alan

Reactions: Rasyad

·
ryan brodrick
2,128 Posts
Kakend has had a bunch but he recently switched to Hoyt ortho I think. I'll point him this direction.

Reactions: Rasyad

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
I order all my jäger grips with no palm pad.
The pad goes to far up the throat of the grip for me, and can cause me to torq the shot.
So no palm pad
Easy to modify with drum sander, file, sand paper, dremel, you name it.

My first 2.0 I modified it till it wasn't anything like the jäger 2.0, Since then every 2.0 had less and less modification (take a tad of the edge off) till now I've replaced all my 2.0 to original and don't modify them at all.
I love the jäger grip, just something I've noticed on the last 3, they are thinner in the throat of the grip than supplied stock grips on bows (zenit, ionx, bb,)

Chad

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ive had Jager grips on all my bows in many colors all with the palm pad. I prefer the palm pad and will lightly sand it just in the area my hand actually touches. After that my hand never slides even when wet. The Jager 2.0 seems to fit my hand perfect..My hand just sets in the same every time which takes one less thing to worry about out of my shot process. Ive used Low, Medium, and High grips in the 2.0 for the TR-7, Medium in the Hoyt Excel and Horizon. Jess currently uses her 2.0 on the Inno Cxt in a medium. She has very small hands and took her a bit of getting used to, but now she loves it..

For us the one thing we never had an issue with these grips is torquing the bow.. But i will tell you..You will either love it or hate it...it just one of those things.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a BEST 2.0 on my 650 club. It took me a while to get used to it. The rubber pad is now older and has a lot of dust and dirt on it(on purpose). The smoother less gripping rubber is better, but it still has enough that I will not slip. It just feels wrong when I do not grip properly. Let me know how it comes out without the pad.

Tim

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Any one know what model 2.0 fits the DAS riser? Thanks.
According to Paul Jager, the same 2.0 grip will fit any of the older style Hoyts, new Sky Archery Risers, Morrison Archery, Best of Italy and DAS. It fit my 17" Titan perfectly. It also fit my old model SKY Conquest riser but the bolt holes did not line up so I had to use 2-sided tape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts