Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally arrived in the country.
Got a letter from NZ customs this morning.
My Titan riser has arrived and their currently holding it for ransom pending my paying them $125.49 in import taxes,GST and biosecurity levy's.
It's always good to get a letter from customs, it's not so good to read the price because I don't actually have $125.49 right now.

Might have to have a quiet word with my boss an see if I can pull a few more hours next week.
What ever,,,it's still a happy boy sitting in my chair today.

Life is good.
John.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
That's a nice riser, hope you get it bailed out soon.;)

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Nice ...
When you finally get it John .... we want pics

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
What length did you get?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What length did you get?
It's the 17",,,with long limbs it will make a 62" bow.

I do have an older Hoyt @25",but I can't shoot that right now because the limbs are to heavy for me.

Once the other half gets over this one I plan on buying a TT black magic riser at 19" so I'll then have the three lengths I want.

Cheers all.
John.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That is ransom... Do you have to pay that for import items over a certain value or do they slug every import with the taxes and levys?

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
It's the 17",,,with long limbs it will make a 62" bow.

I do have an older Hoyt @25",but I can't shoot that right now because the limbs are to heavy for me.

Once the other half gets over this one I plan on buying a TT black magic riser at 19" so I'll then have the three lengths I want.

Cheers all.
John.
Could have saved a bunch buying mine. :D

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Did you get the notifications directly from NZ customs or from the shipper? Here in the States archery equipment is exempt from import duty. Nonetheless, DHL, once tried to hold me up for a similar fee. They backed off when I showed them the tariff citation.

Rasyad

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is ransom... Do you have to pay that for import items over a certain value or do they slug every import with the taxes and levys?
Anything over the value of $400.

I don't so much dislike paying my way but the GST "goods and services tax" is not very fair because there is no service provided within NZ on anything imported other than the customs handling.
The whole package only weighs 1.5kg:sbrug:

I have to pay GST based on the US value of something that is not produced in NZ.
Their reasoning is that it was paid for with NZ money therefore it carries NZ GST,,,so get over it.

Then I'll pay an import transaction fee.
Then GST on that transaction fee.

Then a biosecurity fee,,,,,,,,,,on a 1.5kg lump of alloy ?
Then GST on that fee.

So that's three lots of GST,still on something that is not even produced in NZ.

I used to get my orders from overseas broken down so no package was worth more than $400,,,but the ever increasing costs of postage has now put a stop to that as well.

Anyway,at the end of the day you have to pay it,,,so you do.

John.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you get the notifications directly from NZ customs or from the shipper? Here in the States archery equipment is exempt from import duty. Nonetheless, DHL, once tried to hold me up for a similar fee. They backed off when I showed them the tariff citation.

Rasyad
Direct from customs.

Other than my whinging about money,I have to say that NZ customs is actually very good to deal with.
They usually get the notification invoice out to you with 24 hours of their receiving the item and then their good to deal with if you choose to pick up the item rather than have them post it on to you.

John.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts