Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally bought my new limbs for the Titan this morning.
Because the whole point of these limbs is for form rebuilding I didn't want to spend to much so I settled on a set of SF premiums that came in at 34lbs at 28".
While working out which arrow I should use we found my previous draw length of 28.5 inches had grown to 29",so that was a bonus of some sort.

I ended up buying Carbon Express Predator 2040's cut to 29.5".
And a Dacron string because they had nothing else in the shop.

Because I forgot to buy some glue I've been shooting bareshafts while getting the bow set up and I've got them showing slightly stiff at 20 yards,so when the other half gets home from work with my glue, I'll fletch them up with some 2" Rayzrs and I should be good to go.

I was expecting the bow to be a bit louder than it is because I haven't put thread tape on the limb bolts or anything on the string yet, but the bow is only putting out a small amount of string twang and I think most of that could be coming from the as yet too tight arrow nocks, so I'll warm them up tonight and adjust them to where they should be.
Then I'll chuck a couple of pure wool fluffy things onto the string and I think it's going to be a very quite bow.

So far this whole set up seems to fit me like a glove.
The standard Titan grip is spot on for me and the shot reaction with the SF limbs feels fairly neutral.
All an all, a very feel good experience.

John.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Rule violation, new bow = post pics. :D

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
Reactions: aroadik
1 - 4 of 4 Posts