Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought a optimus 2.0 riser on AT and the grip on it feels like a left hand grip. I asked the previous owner that got it in a trade and he says it's right hand but it has a lifeline ridge... but here's the thing, it feels great in my string hand but feels horrible in my bow hand?! Common sense tells me this is in fact a lefty shooter grip, here's some pics.
Wood Sports equipment Tool Human leg Metal
Wood Automotive design Machine Saw Metal

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
It is for a right hand bow - R-core has the option to provide a ridge line for a repeatable grip. You can take a file or a coarse sand paper and take it out. I have an R-core grip that came with those profiles for better traction but were too coarse for my taste and I filed them down to a comfortable feel - just enough traction without letting indentations on my hand.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah you guys are right, but this grip has the ergonomics of a brick. The side where the lifeline ridge is on is way too square, it sticks my hand out too far. If it was rounded down like a quarter of an inch it might feel ok.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah you guys are right, but this grip has the ergonomics of a brick. The side where the lifeline ridge is on is way too square, it sticks my hand out too far. If it was rounded down like a quarter of an inch it might feel ok.
My original Gillo grip didn't work for me for the same "blocky" reason. I have a JD3 Jager grip now that is excellent. The lifeline ridge is actually pretty nice on it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The new rcore low grip from the optimus guy showed up allready! it feels great, it still promotes a good grip but in a much less intrusive way, the old grip HAS to be held a certain way or else it doesn't work.
Sleeve Dress shirt Wood Grey Collar

Textile Sleeve Dress shirt Wood Grey

This thing is actually pretty quiet with just beaver balls.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,816 Posts
The BEST style grips are often described as feeling like the wrong handedness. They are designed to be shot using the BEST method. That doesn't strike me as a BEST grip but it could be. Sometimes you cannot tell with a picture.

I have BEST grips on most of my bows.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The BEST style grips are often described as feeling like the wrong handedness. They are designed to be shot using the BEST method. That doesn't strike me as a BEST grip but it could be. Sometimes you cannot tell with a picture.

I have BEST grips on most of my bows.
Mind sharing some pictures of these grips?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts