Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do Tom's course; however, it's a little out of my reach. Is there an equivalent course available that breaks down the shot process in a similar way that is equally as good?

Something $100 or less, maybe?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I want to do Tom's course; however, it's a little out of my reach. Is there an equivalent course available that breaks down the shot process in a similar way that is equally as good?

Something $100 or less, maybe?
I don't know if it is equivalent but Jake Kaminski and Frank McDonough have some amazing instructional video's for free on Youtube.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a boatload of stuff free on YouTube.

From what I've seen of some of that subscription/paid instructional content, it looks like they are overcomplicating things.
I do that already, but I'd like to take a course organized in a "ground up" way and taught in a way that makes sense progressively, instead of mix-matched content by different coaches. I have gained a lot from youtube though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Same. I spent the money on it and wish I didn’t. Good course but I never used it really and find it fairly entry level. Tom does a great job but I feel like most of fundamental things are easily identified and corrected by an experienced shooter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Masters of the barebow 3. I bought it off tradgang as a digital download. Excellent video. My kids bought me Tom's course as a gift and I like and refer to it often but you can cyber stock him through the push podcast and YouTube to put together a great shot.

·
ryan brodrick
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I do that already, but I'd like to take a course organized in a "ground up" way and taught in a way that makes sense progressively, instead of mix-matched content by different coaches. I have gained a lot from youtube though.
Jake Kaminski has step by step instructional video's. He breaks each step into a separate video in most cases.

·
Registered
213 Posts
People have already mentioned Kaminsky, for the NTS style that Clum teaches this is probably the best cheap or free source of video information available atm. I really can't recommend the NTS method for someone trying to learn without at least a level 3 coach, though. Even a lot of the level 3 coaches don't understand it well enough to shoot it correctly themselves, so learning with books and videos is probably going to be very very improbable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tom runs through much of the course on The Push podcast. I was able to glean a ton of information through just listening because he's so thorough in his explanations and descriptions. I forget how many episodes they break it down into but it was excellent and FREE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tom runs through much of the course on The Push podcast. I was able to glean a ton of information through just listening because he's so thorough in his explanations and descriptions. I forget how many episodes they break it down into but it was excellent and FREE.
Thanks this is what I've been doing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I see it as couple tanks of gas. It’s nice to have chapters to jump to the portion of the form I am currently working on. Plus it ties nicely into the Push and other Tom social stuff I run across.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts