Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's Lesson On Irony

These three statements tell you a lot about our government and our culture:

1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

And another statement for consideration--

2. We constantly hear about how CPP (canada pension plan) is going to run out of money.. How come we never hear about welfare running out of money? What's interesting is the first group "worked for" their money, but the second didn't.

Finally ..

3. Provincial Social Services is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free money ever .
Meanwhile, the Parks Branch, asks us "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." The stated reason for this policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

That ends Today's Lesson On Irony

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,696 Posts
On number 2, we have been talking about social security running out of money for many years. It is a constant concern with so many baby boomers retiring. I guess you just do not hear about all of our concerns up in Canada.

Anyway, I am pleased every time I hear of someone making it to retirement. You have had some great adventures. Hopefully, my retirement will be similar, if it ever happens.

·
Super Moderator
7,978 Posts
i hope i never have to learn how to "retire"! would die in a week i think. i am working more now than when howatt archery was in it's prime. think it's a way to stay alive and right now i don't want to go!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
i hope i never have to learn how to "retire"! would die in a week i think. i am working more now than when howatt archery was in it's prime. think it's a way to stay alive and right now i don't want to go!
Larry,

Said I am drawing SS Retirement, not that I have "retired" LOL

I am much more busy now, "doing nothing" than I have ever been.

·
Super Moderator
7,978 Posts
i hear you. my wife and i started drawing 2 years ago. had quite a dance with the social security people because they couldn't understand why we hadn't been drawing for years. i was 77 and my wife 76. we decided that we had paid in for so many years that we should try to get some of it back! they hard timed us for a couple of months and made us produce income tax records to prove we were working all those years. quite a hassle.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Today's Lesson On Irony

These three statements tell you a lot about our government and our culture:

1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

And another statement for consideration--

2. We constantly hear about how CPP (canada pension plan) is going to run out of money.. How come we never hear about welfare running out of money? What's interesting is the first group "worked for" their money, but the second didn't.

Finally ..

3. Provincial Social Services is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free money ever .
Meanwhile, the Parks Branch, asks us "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." The stated reason for this policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

That ends Today's Lesson On Irony
Yep,,more people are killed with Ball bats and hammers in the US than black rifles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.