Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just purchased some Iron will collars for the hit system to my rampage 400..

They fit perfect to the arrows, but I can´t get any type of fieldpoint or broadhead in them.. I measured the hole in the collars and it is 4,85 mm.. Measuring the points where the problem is just after the thread they measure 5,1 mm in thickness...
Is it me that missed something? Are they only workable for iron wills fieldpoints/broadheads??

I wrote them yesterday and waiting answer from them..

Anybody in here that know to that problem or is it me that misunderstood something..

Thanks
Frank from Denmark

·
Super Moderator
703 Posts
Weird, maybe those collars are for deep six broadheads and field points? Can't think of any other reason you can't get anything to fit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks like a huge Ferrell on that broad head, try another head and see if it works, I am sure emailing Iron Will they will take care of you. I’ve never seen one complaint or issue and if there is I know they will make it right. Their customer service is the best there is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got an answer:
That’s how m those collars are designed. They are meant for 4mm shanks. You would need to drill out the hole slightly to take a 5mm shank.

I will try drill it. but asked if they are only made for deep six..

I tried every fieldpoint, saunder, top hat and so on and every broadhead i have.. About 10 different types.. It´s the same with all of them.. The shank dosent fit their collars..

I would guess thay would sell a lot more if the fitted a standard broadhead/fieldpoint and not only their own types..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those rampage 400s are meant to use a stock halfout insert. You will need .204 HIT inserts for your set up to work.

You do not need to epoxy the insert in either, get bohning hot melt and just attach the point to the insert and insert as one piece. Do not forget to slip the collar on beforehand.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts