Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm trying my hand at a few videos. I shot these a few hours ago as the sun was setting on the farm.

I received the Stolid Bull Black Thunder ILF riser yesterday, and the Border Hex 6 HBB2 limbs (34# mediums) last week. I did a bit of tuning and shooting yesterday, and today I decided to make a few videos.

There are three videos in total, the first is listed below and is me describing my new bow. The ones that follow show me doing some shooting and also some slow-motion footage.

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is video #2, it is me making a few shots with the bow at 20 yards.

Bow settings are:

25" Stolid Bull Black Thunder
Border Hex 6 HBB2 34# Medium limbs
16 Strand 8190 endless string
7.5 inch brace height
Limb bolts in neutral position
Tuned at center-shot
Medium Beiter spring
Zero Tiller

Arrows:

620 ACE cut to 30"
100gr points
285gr total weight

My draw length is 29 - 29.5 inches (I am 5'10)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Video # 3, me shooting 3 more arrows with my Samsung phone in Slow-Motion mode.

Please skip ahead in the video, I didn't have someone else there to start the slow-mo, so there is a bit of wasted time getting to the actual shots!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Tori,
thank you very very much for your profound review and advertising.
I appreciate very much that you are happy with the Black Thunder ILF.
In the second video one can see, that the Black thunder riser in combination with the very lightweight Border limbs stands rock steady after release. The high wrist grip, that you have chosen, seems to fit your shooting style very well.
Would you mind if I linked those videos from my business website?
Holger

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Nice videos and thanks for sharing, the Hex limbs and Stolid range are a match in heaven, they work really well together. :luck:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Tori,
thank you very very much for your profound review and advertising.
I appreciate very much that you are happy with the Black Thunder ILF.
In the second video one can see, that the Black thunder riser in combination with the very lightweight Border limbs stands rock steady after release. The high wrist grip, that you have chosen, seems to fit your shooting style very well.
Would you mind if I linked those videos from my business website?
Holger
Go ahead Holger, you've got a great product, I'm happy for people to view my recommendations and see the bow in action.

·
markliep
687 Posts
Thx for the great vid - looks like the only movement is in the limb tips on release - looksvlike one more vote for that set up - M

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Hi Tori
Thanks for taking the time to post excellent reviews .... very nice to hear an informed review from a ladies perspective.

Reactions: tori

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Tori

I can not see the videos and I really want to :)

Please post a link

Never mind I found them :)

Great stuff thanks for posting

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Tori :)
Love the videos, you and the bow look fantastic. I'm so jealous, oh I wish I had a longer draw :( my short arms make choosing the right set up a nightmare.

I cant wait to hear how you get on in competition with the Black thunder .

Joanne

·
Barbarian Tyrant
971 Posts
Nice riser and limbs and review; good shooting! Glad the fire passed you by. A few questions...

I think you said in your first video that this is your first ILF riser. What were you shooting before?

Do you do any bow hunting?

What kind of dog do you have there?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Tori :)
Love the videos, you and the bow look fantastic. I'm so jealous, oh I wish I had a longer draw :( my short arms make choosing the right set up a nightmare.

I cant wait to hear how you get on in competition with the Black thunder .

Joanne
Hey Jo, yeah I kinda fit into a draw range that fits a lot of set-ups. You shouldn't have too much trouble with a short draw though. Get some short snappy limbs - pretty much match your draw length to the optimum working area of a given limb?

I think years of rock-climbing have stretched my arms ... heh!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice riser and limbs and review; good shooting! Glad the fire passed you by. A few questions...

I think you said in your first video that this is your first ILF riser. What were you shooting before?

Do you do any bow hunting?

What kind of dog do you have there?
Yep, it's my first ILF riser, I was shooting a Hoyt HPX with F7 limbs prior to this, as well as a few longbows : I have a 70" bamboo & brush box (Aussie hardwood) American Flatbow, and a Hickory English Longbow/Warbow.

I have a Hoyt Buffalo that I hunt rabbits with, I've not shot game any larger than that.

My two dogs - Ursa (1.5 year old short hair border collie) and Kira (10 year old kelpie/collie) were running around me (as usual!) while I shot and messed around out at my range.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Btw beautiful country your in
Hey JP, yeah it's really nice at the moment, tail end of summer, and today was ONLY 29 degrees celcius. We've had an oppressively hot season, and I didn't have much inclination to shoot on the many days we had around 110 in your temperature. This is a great time of year, we just need some rain badly, it's getting a bit dry around here.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts