Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this was covered before but I didn't pay attention as I had no interest in shooting with a sight at the time.:)
What do you guys suggest?
Thanks,

Bob

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,788 Posts
First, not Cartel. They fall apart.

I bought a good Sureloc used off the FITA Forum on ArcheryTalk. I would check it out. I did not need one right away, so I patiently checked and waiting for a good, left handed sight to go on sale. Finding right handed is much easier. Finding a used Shibuya Dual Click, a Davis or Sureloc for a good price would really set you up. If you are looking new, you can't miss with anything Limbwalker recommends. He probably sees a lot of them in his JOAD programs. Make sure you check that the sight is for a recurve rather than a compound. You also want to determine the length of the adjustment range (lead screw or rail length). Typical are 4 inches, 5 1/2 inches. This will determine the yard range the sight will cover overall, and without changing the sight bar position. I would go longer for a recurve. The short ones are often used for indoor shooting. Sight bar length is important as well, but you can often buy a new sight bar, whereas changing the adjustment range means a new sight. The longer the sight bar, the greater range the sight will have.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=83

·
j-san = Jason
1,692 Posts
I agree with Hank - not Cartel. I've owned two Cartel sights trying to be cheap and both rattled loose and settings would move no matter what I did. I ended up spending the money for a Shibuya Ultima RC and never looked back. In my opinion, a sight is something worth spending a little more on to get something reliable. If you keep an eye out on the AT FITA classifieds, you may find a used Shibuya for a very good price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.