Trad Talk Forums banner

Imitation/real turkey feather color?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  skip 
#1 ·
who makes imitation barred feathers that is closest to a real turkey feathers in looks and color?
True flight barred grey is more of a blue color, white barred is to white same with gateway barred white, thinking of a brown barred might look more like the tail feathers, that would be neat.
Also looking at the gateway gray tree color might look closer to the primary feathers?
So what imitation barred/other pattern feather looks like a natural turkey feather?
I've ground my own natural feathers and love the looks but I destroy more feathers doing my own, probably 3 to 1, not good odds trying to get enough to fletch a dozen arrows.

Chad

#2 ·
who makes imitation barred feathers that is closest to a real turkey feathers in looks and color?
True flight barred grey is more of a blue color, white barred is to white same with gateway barred white, thinking of a brown barred might look more like the tail feathers, that would be neat.
Also looking at the gateway gray tree color might look closer to the primary feathers?
So what imitation barred/other pattern feather looks like a natural turkey feather?
I've ground my own natural feathers and love the looks but I destroy more feathers doing my own, probably 3 to 1, not good odds trying to get enough to fletch a dozen arrows.

Chad
Only alternative here is to shoot more turkeys and practice more ! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.