Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Premium Member
Aw Sam,

Arguing about instinctive is traditional archery at its finest. 馃榿
I'm not "Trad" actually馃榿. I dropped Compounds because They are heavy and complicated. I also found out Revurves are better for my needs to take Game. I'm not a Fred guy either. I think Fred was cool but I wear Camo and would use a release on my Recurve if I needed to. Recurves are not as much a challenge for me to hunt with as Compounds. I use Onestrings cause I'm actually more apt to bring home meat than with a Compound or a Crossbow. I'm a hunter and the "Curves" make me better.

Registered
I'm not "Trad" actually馃榿. I dropped Compounds because They are heavy and complicated. I also found out Revurves are better for my needs to take Game. I'm not a Fred guy either. I think Fred was cool but I wear Camo and would use a release on my Recurve if I needed to. Recurves are not as much a challenge for me to hunt with as Compounds. I use Onestrings cause I'm actually more apt to bring home meat than with a Compound or a Crossbow. I'm a hunter and the "Curves" make me better.
Well, I don't use compounds or crossbows for the same reasons as you. I wouldn't use a release either for essentially the same reason...it is another mechanical complication. I shoot longbows and wood arrows primarily. I shoot them split finger using no conscious aiming method.

I do subscribe to certain aesthetics of traditional archery just from a personal appreciation perspective. I try not to get into any arguments about those aesthetics and the old "what is traditional" discussions. But my biggest attraction to traditional archery is the desire for simplicity. To me all the latest fascination with ILF bows is way over complicated. I understand the attraction to many people. It just isn't for me.

I find it harder and harder to fit in on any of the traditional archery web sites except maybe the Leatherwall. Traditional archery has evolved into, for lack of any better term, modern single string archery. It's not that that is a bad thing. It's just not my thing and it would be nice to find somewhere a separation of all this modern stuff from older, simpler stuff.

Premium Member
Well, I don't use compounds or crossbows for the same reasons as you. I wouldn't use a release either for essentially the same reason...it is another mechanical complication. I shoot longbows and wood arrows primarily. I shoot them split finger using no conscious aiming method.

I do subscribe to certain aesthetics of traditional archery just from a personal appreciation perspective. I try not to get into any arguments about those aesthetics and the old "what is traditional" discussions. But my biggest attraction to traditional archery is the desire for simplicity. To me all the latest fascination with ILF bows is way over complicated. I understand the attraction to many people. It just isn't for me.

I find it harder and harder to fit in on any of the traditional archery web sites except maybe the Leatherwall. Traditional archery has evolved into, for lack of any better term, modern single string archery. It's not that that is a bad thing. It's just not my thing and it would be nice to find somewhere a separation of all this modern stuff from older, simpler stuff.
Make a Selbow!馃憤

21 - 23 of 23 Posts