Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And her Name is Black Betty! I have never owned and ILF rig and also wanted to try a metal riser bow. So after much discussion with Bob I got a Phoenix 15" riser with some medium Black Max limbs. WOW! This thing feels perfect. I love the Jager grip and tuning options are wonderful with the plunger. I have a high end 3pc longbow that is now not seeing any action and I have to say that my groups tightened up almost instantly and its a pure joy to shoot this little 58" rig. I am really amazed how smooth these low price limbs are. I plan to tune her up real good on Saturday and ordered some limbsations to cover up alot of the black on the limbs. Betty will be hunting turkey with me this year. It took a little getting use to the noise of a recurve over my longbow but I'm sure it will get worked out when I play around with the Brace height. I did call Centaur and have plans to get a set of his longbow limbs for her after I buy my wife her new Phoenix! She says she must have one as well and plans to use it for our bear hunt anniversary.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Yep, something about the metal riser and ilf limbs that makes them hard to put down. :D

Oh and you have to post pics when you get a new bow, state law.

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
I use the free software MIHOV for a sizer, google it, easy download, easy instructions.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Sweet looking bow, but I'm partial to lefty's. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thansks alot for posting the pic for me. I have some Limbsations ordered for her in Texas bull snake. Can't wait for Saturday. Told the wife tonight is for her but Saturday is scheduled for my new lady. Just have to unload this t/d longbow I was shooting and buy the same setup for my wife in a right handed model.

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
great rig you have, looks super

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Nice rig and you will notice no one on this forum will rain on your parade like the other one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reddogge your right. Not as much drama here. I have been on and off that site sine '99 and
it has gotten a bit worse but oh well. No raining on my parade today, gonna go tune her in and get ready for thunder chicken season.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Reddogge your right. Not as much drama here. I have been on and off that site sine '99 and
it has gotten a bit worse but oh well. No raining on my parade today, gonna go tune her in and get ready for thunder chicken season.
Every time the word ILF comes up the same elitist snobs pipe up about what they like about their wood bows and what they dislike about ILF, especially metal risers. I get sick of it. It's not their thread but they still shoot their mouths off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts