Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
TAC Firefly is the closest but not made anymore and hard to find. I usually just take the grips off and see if I can wrap it. Simms Limbsavers made wraps that are good for that application. One of the advantages of the Hoyts is they can usually take the low wrist compound full grips or the side plates that's practically the same as their compound bow grips.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My Hoyt Buffalo (discontinued) has a compound-style grip, which was the default grip it came with at the time. Personally can't stand it as it seems to throw my skeletal alignment out a bit alongside shorten my DL.

My wife swapped hers out for a 'pistol' style grip (similar to that of the Black Hunter), but I can't find those replacement grips for the Buffalo anywhere now.
Tool Grass Font Hand tool Bicycle part

Plant Wood Woody plant Trunk Grass

Many archers seem to really like the Buffalo, and with the stock grip. I shoot it quite well, but it's not my goto bow. Solid as anything though, and once dialed in quickly becomes a point-and-shoot. You might be able to pick one up cheap if in the US.

·
Super curve shooter
156 Posts
It’s just called the DAS extra low it is in the group with all of their standard grips. And I know it will fit other risers but I’m not sure on which ones I do know it would not fit on my Morrison Phoenix without some fairly serious modification or my trad tech titan or black wolf or das tribute or Hoyt satori or gillio gt. I do think will fit CD WF risers. I’m pretty sure there are more that it will fit but I can’t think of any right now. If I do think of any more that it does or does not fit I will update this if anybody else can think of any please add to the list.
DAS has a lot of grips. Which one is this specifically? That looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
As Coodster has stated the tribute is a perfect example of what you are after.
Ive been on a wood bow trip the last year or so. Ive spent a lot of money and desecrated some beautiful bow trying to replicate that feeling of a grip.
Im actually really surprised that it is not more common. I have such a hard time shooting a bow that doesn’t have sharp lifeline edge and or does not allow me to rotate my hand/knuckles to a 45* w/ low wrist.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts