Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ILF risers or Trad bow brands have grips similar to a compound bow?
I held a black hunter and didn’t care for the grip. I also had the chance to hold a Exe scream/jc optimus riser and that was better in hand, but I’m curious what else is out there that I might like. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
No, I haven't - I was tempted to buy one "just because". I don't see why it would be loud or had hand shock. All the aluminium risers are vibrating to a certain degree. The lack of the grip might make that vibration to be felt more, but I wouldn't think is "shock". It is mostly an issue of the pressure point on the riser/handle than a technical issue.

·
Spearhead
4,005 Posts
Bernadini cobra 21” has a more round grip in the throat area, Bernadini mamba 19” is more squared grip in the throat area, more of a low grip (compound type).
3rivers tribute is a low rounded grip in the throat also. Not ilf (DAS) but can be ordered as Ilf.
What my take on them and shooting/owning them.

Chad

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No, I haven't - I was tempted to buy one "just because". I don't see why it would be loud or had hand shock. All the aluminium risers are vibrating to a certain degree. The lack of the grip might make that vibration to be felt more, but I wouldn't think is "shock". It is mostly an issue of the pressure point on the riser/handle than a technical issue.
I had wondered if it was more of a tuning issue maybe… but I believe I watched a couple videos and they seemed louder or something. Now I’m curious! It’s an attractive riser.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I chased a super low/compound grip for quite a while but honestly it's just not a good fit for recurve shooting. Leads to I correct hand pressure and torque.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
The Mybo Pathfinder or the discontinued Tribe Halo ILF.
I have a Pathfinder and the slim grip is very compound like, though the grip angle is medium. Some bows that I removed the grip from didn't work for me.. my thumb knuckle would rub against the riser. But the Pathfinder has that area relived on the riser!

Here's my Pathfinder (with medium limbs):

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have the Rcore Caerus grip on a black wolf riser and I went with the "compound" low option. All I know is that I'll put that grip on every single bow that I own for as long as its possible and I'll send one to any custom bowyer that builds me a bow as a model.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.