Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a riser that the bolt leans to the right. got it in a trad some time ago.
called the maker, he sid it was ok because the limb pulliing it up would straiten it out or something like that. soo.. tried to visualise what the limb would be doing. well, i cant see it bing ok. looks like it would stress top and bottom limbs in a sideways manner. if it was bent forward or backward i think it would be alright...WHAT SAY YE.... ron

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are right. i should of done that. i may have jumped the gun on this one by not cheking out all the mechanics. never the less how do you all think a leang bolt
would effect the limbs if at all....ron

·
j-san = Jason
1,684 Posts
A bent limb bolt can't be good and will likely put more stress on a limb and could lead to poor limb alignment. You might not be able to even slide in a limb depending on how bent it is. AFAIK, most risers use grade 8 steel limb bolts and no amount of limb pressure would "straighten" out a bent bolt. Like RIng said, it could be a misaligned bushing or perhaps the limb alignment system is crooked. At any rate, the limb bolt should be straight in relation to the pocket.

Try unscrewing the bolt and see how much it wobbles. Assuming the bolt bushing is true, you could just replace the bent bolt with a new one. I'd be very suspicious of the bowyer if they said the limbs would straighten a bent ILF limb bolt (unless that is a specific design feature). Got any pics?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts