Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently shooting a hoyt excel with tradtec recurve limbs...
plunger and rest..very accurate and smooth
I want to get into the world of hybrid longbows ..I think...I like the idea of a plunger and shooting of the shelf..and I like wood risers..but none are tapped... I am looking at a carbon nano,acs,tradtec titan with samicks , dryad etc..I am just looking for opinions on some of your favorite hybrids and setups..:sbrug:

·
Northman
486 Posts
Shot/owned all of those except the Nano, if it were my money and the budget was adequate I'd go with Dryad's ACS setups or alternatively, some Centaur limbs, no question.

You could buy new or find used. Not sure if Dryad would be willing to build you a custom wood riser with a plunger bushing? You should PM 'wingnut' (Mike Westvang of Dryad) and ask him? If you tried some Centaur limbs for example (~$500 new) you could slap em on a WARF and be able to use a plunger. WARF with Centaur limbs would be a real fine rig.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have owned the Nano the gen2 riser with the older limbs. I sod it because I am not a longbow guy. The bow itself was good but it did not have substantial mass and I could not add a stabilizer as it did not have a bushing

·
j-san = Jason
1,680 Posts
I've a Dryad 13" Epic riser paired with extra long Legend ACS-CG longbow limbs. It is a really smooth and quiet shooting 60" ILF longbow. I am a big fan of Dryad's ACS-CG limbs - smooth drawing and among the quietest shooting ILF longbow limbs I have ever shot. Pretty fast too, averaging 193 FPS with a 380gr. arrow and 47# @ 27".

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a 21" Hoyt Excel with Centaur ILF limbs. I haven't had it long and haven't really shot it, but it is really sweet! I will be able to get it really quiet, and for sure it is very fast! I may try them on my 23" Gmx for giggles.

Have a great day,
Kasey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.