Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased some hoyt gold medalist limbs that the ilf hardware had been removed. I purchased the tradtech replacement gear and pressed the fittings in. The fittings pressed in fairly easy with the heal of my hand on a flat surface. The screws that hold the detent in place are not the same as the hoyt limbs and are the same size as the bushing hole.

Do I need to find screws with a larger head. Or is the screws only purpose to hold the spring in place. I wanted to ask before I tried to shoot them and ended damaging the limbs or my head!

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Sometimes those TradTech screws will pull down in the 3/8" hole. Like Rusty said, many things will work. You could use a flathead screw with a washer. I've got a few sets of bushing that use that type. Should be able to pick them up at any Hardware. Just take one of your bushings with you so you can match the threads and length you need in the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Most bushings fit in the limb hole tight enough that the retaining screw is pretty much just there for looks anyway. Go to the hardware store and either buy some flat washers or screws with larger heads. If you go looking for different screws, be sure to take your bushing along so you get the correct thread. I believe they are metric but don't recall the size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.